Updating to 6.5.5 actually installs 6.5.6 which does not display videos in portfolio posts

I need a true 6.5.5 version to update to. Both running the update through WordPress and downloading directly from my account still give me 6.5.6.

6.5.6 will not display videos plus the post search in the dashboard is returning hundreds of multiple results.

How can I update to 6.5.5 cleanly?

Hello @lactas,

You can download 6.5.5 from your apex dashboard.
Here’s a guide on to update. You can try manual update. Although, it is recommended to stay on latest version.

Regarding search result issue, it is a known bug and a fix will be available on upcoming release. Please try adding this custom code on your child theme functions.php as temporary workaround:

add_filter('cornerstone_enable_search', 'disable_search_for_admin');
function disable_search_for_admin ( $enable ) {

return is_admin() ? false : $enable;

}

For the video issue, please share the url so we can check further. Thank you.

Thanks for the quick reply. The problem is the download on my Apex Dashboard says 6.5.5 however it actually downloads 6.5.6 according to the X Validation screen and both problems arise at this stage.

The code provided does fix the multiple posts in 6.5.6 but the problem does not exist in 6.5.5 according to what I have read.

Sorry, I cannot provide a URL for the videos as I am testing on a copy behind a firewall.

Hi @lactas,

Thanks for the heads up, the latest version is X 6.5.6, the label 6.5.5 on the button probably a typo.

Can you provide us a walk-through on how we can replicate the “videos in portfolio posts” issue so we can confirm if its a bug or not.

In the meantime, please keep the latest version of both X 6.5.6 and Cornerstone 3.5.5

Cheers!

When I log into WordPress on any X theme site to update it says the latest version of Cornerstone is 3.5.4 and the latest version of X Theme is 6.5.5 , maybe more typos.

Hi @lactas,

That is because the X 6.5.6 is still not available on automatic update (see changelog note)

If you need the X 6.5.5 immediately, please see the link below.

If you can provide us a walk-through on how to replicate the “videos in portfolio posts” issue that would help us fix it if its really a bug on X 6.5.6

Thanks,

Brilliant, thanks I have the download 6.5.5 now and will let you know how I go. If I can replicate the problem I will try to get it on a test site that you can log into. I should be able to look at it later in the week.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad @Friech were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.