Updating to 5.1.1 breaks website design

Hello,

We are running I think 4.1.1 (february 2017) and when we try to update to 5.1.1 the layout breaks. I’ve done a hard refresh and it doesn’t appear to be the cache.

I attempted to update the files for the theme one at a time and the break seems to happen with the new Functions.php file and the files in the framework/functions folder. If those get updated, the layout breaks.

Is there a way around this without have to redo a bunch of the CSS? It appears to me the child theme css isn’t working maybe…

Thanks!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, you’re running X v4.6.4, since this is kind of a long jump please keep a backup of your site files and database files.

WordPress Backups

After securing a backup, please follow the Manual X Update Via FTP guide provided here. Do the same for Cornerstone see the Manual Plugin Update Via FTP guide. This process should get you a clean copy of X and Cornerstone.

After updating clear all your caching plugins and feature including CDN caching if any.

If error persists, Try activating the parent X|Theme, if the issue resolves then you know the issue is on your child theme.

It seems your site’s WordPress Address and/or Site Address is still pointing to this sub-domain http://www.arthurdentalgroup.com/site/. Please navigate to Settings > General and see if this is the case.

Cheers!