Updating Theme X with WPBakery

One of our sites is using 6.2.5 and I was finally getting around to updating it to 7.0.4. I lost all of our margins and the slider on the home page. I noticed edit window shows code in all the elements that doesn’t look right. I reverted back until I find out the best way to update Theme X. The pages were all built using WPBakery years ago.

How would you recommend updating?

Hi @s13s,

I checked the site that you provided and you have updated Cornerstone (4.0.4) to the latest version but left X in an older version (6.2.5) which is causing an incompatibility issue.

Kindly make sure to also update X then clear your site and browser cache after updating.

Hope this helps.

Hello @jade,

I did updated X and I reverted back because the site was having issues that I described above. Currently the site is functioning and looks correct. I’ve attached some screenshots in the secure note of the issues that I see after updating Theme X. I have also updated to the most recent child theme.

Hi @s13s,

I suggest that you create a staging version of your website so you can do the tests with no problem.

The first thing to check is to update the WP Bakery to the latest version. Do that and check the case and see if the content works ok. If not, I am afraid you will not be able to update the theme unless you fix the problems caused by the update of the plugin. Maybe you will need to recreate some of the pages.

If the WP Bakery update does not have any problems, then please update the X theme and Cornerstone.

After that please make sure that you go to WP Bakery Page Builder > General Settings and check or uncheck the Legacy X Integration option and see the result:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.