Updating plugins

I am on Wordpress version 4.8.1 and Pro v 1.1.1

I have the bbpress plugin. I’m on v2.5.13 and I’m being prompted to update to v2.5.14
I have the Woocommerce plugin. I’m on v3.1.1 and I’m being prompted to update to 3.1.2
I have the WooCommerce Stripe Gateway plugin. I’m on v3.2.2 and I’m being prompted to update to v3.2.3

Is there anything I need to do before updating these plugins besides making a backup of my current site?

Thanks!
Blake

Hello Blake,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I would suggest you to refer our theme and plugin update guide as it has all the relevant information that will help you to update seamlessly.

Thanks.

I am running php 5.6

I asked the question because I saw something recently about updating WooCommerce for Pro. However, I did not bookmark the source and, haven’t been able to find it.

I found this in the changelog. However, I don’t think this is what I’m referring to.

“We have also addressed the issue many of you are encountering where WooCommerce thumbnails are no longer the correct size. In summary, in our original WooCommerce integration we would override the thumbnail dimensions using calculations we applied to the other thumbnails on your site (on posts for example). In WooCommerce 3.0, the filters we use to make those adjustments were removed in WooCommerce core. We have revisited our integration code, and decided to restore the native WooCommerce functionality instead of attempt a new dynamic calculation, as it would be increasingly complicated without the filters that are no longer available.”

Is there anything else I need to be aware of related to WooCommerce before updating or should I give it a go?

Hi There,

Backup your site, or at least your WooCommerce Plugin and give it a go :slight_smile:

Thanks!