Updating Cornerstone to latest version

Hello

I am currently on Cornerstone 3.2.5

I know there is a much newer version available as the Plugin was suggesting an update.

I have attempted an update and my website crashed. I reverted it back to the old version. Plugin no longer suggests any updates, I am just on old version 3.2.5

I notice certain things stopped working:

• The favicon is gone
  • The social media icons won’t display in footer
  • I also attempted changing text on the landing page which proved impossible

How do I update Cornerstone and how do I ensure website won’t crash again?

Thank you for your help.

Hi @tatyana.kozh,

Try updating the x theme first, then delete the cornerstone plugin and then install the new version of cornerstone. After doing that clear your cache, that should also fix the things you’ve listed that is not currently working.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

apologies for a silly question…but how do i update x?

there is no update button in the dashboard…

Hi @tatyana.kozh,

Please follow the instruction on the link below. If the Automatic update method does not work, please follow the Manual X Update Via FTP guide instead.

I also notice that your Wordpress is not up to date. Please update your Wordpress as well.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins
Updating WordPress

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

thank you, will give it a try

so it didn’t work…

I updated Wordpress. The site was working fine.
I cleared the cache.
I copied my site from Live to Staging. I updated Cornerstone plugin in Staging. The website is crashed in Staging state, please see the link:

You can also see the Live version:

What is the issue? I don’t understand what is it I am doing wrong?

Hi @tatyana.kozh,

Thanks for the staging credentials, the issue is you updated the Cornerstone to the latest version (4.1.1) but you leave X theme behind (6.2.5) and it cause an incompatibility issue.

I did go ahead and update the X theme to the latest version (7.1.1), the staging site is up now.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Cheers!

Hello

Thank you so much! Indeed the Staging version is now working.

However, I am unable to edit it in Cornerstone. I have attempted to edit the Landing Page, but Cornerstone simply won’t load at all. I have waited for a long time and attempted reloading the page builder multiple times, but it just isn’t working.

Please please help…

Hey @tatyana.kozh,

I tried editing your homepage in Cornerstone and it’s loading fine on my end (see screenshot)

Try clearing out your browser’s cache as well and try again. Let us know how this goes!

Cleared caches, still didn’t work…

Tried using Chrome instead of Safari and finally was able to edit it…

Thank you so much for your patience!

Hi @tatyana.kozh,

Maybe you have an add-on on Safari that is conflicting with Cornerstone. Please try with all browser’s add-on deactivated.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.