Updating an old x-theme site

I have an old x-theme site that has not undergone an x-theme update in a long while. It is running on:

x 3.1.1
x-shortcodes 3.0.2
x child theme icon

The wordpress is 5.2.4

There is not even a way to do visual-style x-theme editing, though it has WPBakery Visual Composer 4.3.5 installed and active.

The site is displaying properly: http://aggregationcommerce.com

Is it possible to upgrade this site? I fear that if I do not it will eventually become irretrievable.

Hello John,

Thanks for writing in!

You will have to manually update the website. Before updating the live website, I suggest you to setup a staging server and copy website files over there. Once you have staging server up and running, you can update Theme and Plugin over there. That way in of any eventuality the same an be looked at without affecting live website.

To setup staging, please take a look at following resource.

After that please take a look at our Theme and Plugin update guide and scroll down to manual update section on step by step instruction to update Theme and Plugin.

To upload the files you will require FTP software like Filezilla. TO get started with Filezilla, please take a look at following resource.

Thanks.

Thanks for the guidance and the links!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.