Updates Make Theme Cumbersome

Hi. I loved the Pro theme… until the recent updates. Now sites that were built in the last two weeks have had all of the rows converted to “classic rows” and it takes multiple drop down steps to get to the editor (used to be so easy). All of the text is very small and I lost all of my section and row labels.

Is there a way to choose the old look and structure? I HATE the section / classic row / classic column / etc and having to use drop down arrows and clicks to get to what was so simple and easy to use before.

Hello @CInno,

Thanks for writing in! With the latest release we were able to compact things out. From the 11MB filesize, we are now done to just 7MB. This is beneficial for the fast loading of the site and the editor. The layouts tab has been change to a skeleton like structure. I would recommend that you check out more of our release notes and the Changelog to have more understanding what we have done and why we have done it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, but reading about it won’t fix the issue. The file size is nice but it’s not as friendly as it was before. I’m wasting a lot of time trying to fix things that used to be easy.

Can you please put some of the features back? Get rid of those drop down arrows? Thank you.

Hello @CInno,

This isn’t an issue at all. As we have explained in our changelog why we have change it:

Starting with the Layout Pane, you will see that it now features the nested, filesystem-esque structure that was introduced into Skeleton Mode in a previous release:

The main catalyst for updating the Layout Pane came out of the desire to allow for nested Row and Column layouts. Our previous Layout Pane was designed specifically to make the creation of single-layer layouts as effortless as possible (i.e. Section → Row → Column → Elements). While it served this desired outcome well, over the years it became apparent that an increasing number of users wished to create more intricate layouts that required multiple rows inside of a parent row.

Switching the Layout Pane to this nested view allows our users to infinitely nest content as they see fit for their designs. Additionally, it has opened up various movements that were not previously available in the Layout Pane (such as dragging a column from one Row to another). The simplified and condensed interface also gives users the ability to more easily move content throughout a design.

Meanwhile, you can still revert back to the previous stable version X 6.5.6 and Cornerstone 3.5.5. This was the version that still sports the accordion-style layout pane and not like what we have in this latest build which is now using the skeleton mode or dropdown structure.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.