Updates breaks the site

So I created the staging site (no proper SSL ) and I have the latest theme with latest cornestone.
I removed all plugins but cornerstone. Site is broken.

So is the conflict between WP version, Xtheme?

I change site to 20xx and it works.

In the Customizer, I have delete any speciall CCS, it makes no difference.

Hi there,

I tried to access the staging site you have link but I am redirected to another URL which does not work as well.

Would you mind double checking?

I updated the info in the last message. Sorry about that. I am installing the SSL and it sends to the first site apache finds in the meantime. So that is a new staging site, with current xtheme, 3.0 cornerstone. I am trying to delete that one and update it.
So summary: it is not plugin conflict.
It is a theme conflict with something, since 2017 theme allows cornerstone to render the pages propertly.

PLease, read the thread. Please, help intelligently. We have a broken site for 5 days.

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, but that seems to have limited access. This is how your site looks on my end

Please clarify what is the issue.

Your X theme is an update behind, please update that to the latest version.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Thanks,

The site can’t move forward for about 5 days now. Please, let’s move intelligently. that is the reason you have Admin entry. To check things as well. All plugins are up to date and themes. Cornerstone is not working. This is the last time in life I am using XTheme. A broken site and you come and ask to update the plugins.It’s insulting.
This is the site with old plugin and old theme working.

Hi @Gloak,

I have tried multiple times to login in your setup however no matter what login credential login patterns that I entered I could not be able to login.

As I checked, the only problem in the front page that I could see that there is a conflict in google tag manager.

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks.

See image with user. Did you use the parenthesis in the password?
Please post a pictures of the login with username OR email and password to show me that it is not working.

There is a mispell in the users email.

1. copy the username as it is into the url/wp-admin;
  2. copy the password as it is into the passord field.
    You are in.

As for the plugins. Did you see the images I attached above? Did you see that cornestone was the only plugin active? The only thing leftover is incompatibility with 4.9 WP. In the meantime. PHP was tested with multiple editions. Xtheme and Cornerstone are NOT compatible with the 7.2. Cornerstone is not compatible with 4.9 WP. Man, and you are still trying to login and asking me to check the plugins… Please read to the whole message before punching some comments here. There was a long message before this ticket, that I decided to start a fresh one so you could read the whole message and have an intelligent exchange of opinions.

No rush, the site is down due to Xtheme and Cornerstone update for about a week now.
It is ok.
Here is the summary for the 3rd time: a) problem does not come from other plugins, b) WP free theme works well with cornestones; c) xtheme and cornerstone ALONE does not work in my set up; d) PHP 7.2 not compatible (now 7.1); d) WP 4.9 is not fully tested with cornerstone.

Can we move on from that please?

Hello @Gloak,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I am really sorry for the trouble you are facing and apologies for some confusions. I was able to login into the backend and can see (also from screenshots you shared) that it’s a multisite setup. I tried checking for the problem but at the moment I am not able to figure out what could be the problem. As it’s a subsite, I am unable to do anything for testing. In that regards I request you to please share network admin details in a secure note for me to take a closer look regarding the issue in between Ethos and Cornerstone. Along with that please share FTP details too.

I know it’s frustrating experience for you and we also want to resolve the problem you are facing. In that regards please share FTP and Network admin details.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.