Updated X Theme from much earlier version

Hey there,
I updated from a much earlier version and now my footer is all messed up. When I go to open cornerstone, it just sits there loading.
Any idea how to fix?
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for writing in, is that the site you’re working on below? I see that site Wordpress is updated to the latest version, but not the X and Cornerstone (X 4.6.4/Cornerstone 1.3.3). Please update to the latest version (X 7.0.4/CS 4.0.4) to make sure that this is not a compatibility issue.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

You might need to do the Manual Updates guide since the Automatic update might not work on your version anymore.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hey there! Yep, that’s the site. I had hosting roll it back because it was broken and didn’t seem like there was a quick way out. Not sure what to do from here

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

In that case I suggest you to setup a staging website and copy the website over there. Once staging website is up and running I suggest you to update website. That way if any issue comes up, same can be looked at without affecting live website. Once update process is completed on staging server then either you can move the staging to production or directly update X Theme and Cornerstone on production server.

You can take a look at following resources to get started:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.