Updated X theme and lost a lot of functions

Hi,

I recently updated both wordpress and x theme on the website at work. X theme version 4.8.8 to 6.4.3. With the update, a lot of things changed and I can’t figure out how to fix it.

• search bar stopped working, you can press the button but nothing happens
  • in the mobile version the menu button stopped working, if you press it nothing happens
  • the font was replaced by a standard one from google
  • the mail icon and phone icon in the header is gone
  • “back to top” button stopped working

I did this on a development site: dev.xavitech.com. I’m new at my job and I don’t know exactly how the website was set up. I’m in contact with the creators but they don’t seem to know how to fix it either.

I hope you can help me with at least, some of it! The most important things are the search bar and the mobile menu.

Hi Josefine,

Please also make sure that you update Cornerstone to avoid compatibility issues which seem to be what you are experiencing at the moment.

Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

Once you updated to the latest version and you are not seeing some options in Cornerstone, please check your Advanced Mode setting and enable it.

please click on the cog icon on the settings area then enable the Advanced Mode option.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the fast reply and the solution!

The search bar, mobile button and the back to top button is now working. I think maybe the bureau that created the website will know how to fix the font-issue.

Glad to know we could able to help you!

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.