Updated X and Cornerstone - still unable to edit pages/see backend content shapiropertnoy.com

I’ve updated both X and Cornerstone to the latest versions but I’m still having issues loading pages on the backend to make edits. Once the pages finally do load in Cornerstone (5 monutes or so) all that I see is the header - no content.

Site is www.shapiropertnoy.com

I’ll add a login in a private note

I’m having the exact same problem after updating both X and Cornerstone. Can’t even create a new blogpost, let alone edit a page. Keep getting the error “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.” This is the second time in the last week or so an update has prevented me from working the site. The last one contained a parse error that shut down my site completely.

Any idea what is causing this? Site is curtisthementalist.com

@ConjuringMind No idea, I just moved this site from staging to live late last week, the staging site which is runn ing the previous versions of X and Cornerstone are working fine. And oddly, I was able to get one page open to make some edits, but that’s it.

I apologize as I didn’t mean to hijack your thread. Fairly new to this “support forum” stuff; on here anyway. I just started a separate thread of my own. After I discovered a couple of misplaced “[” in the code of the last update, I fixed it and my site worked fine. Updated again this morning and now this. I can’t make edits at all right now. I’ve cleared the cache even and still no difference. I’m starting to become more and more reluctant to update my site so quickly! Trying to stay right on top of things is causing me too many problems.

Hi there,

I accessed your website dashboard and tried to open up a page with Cornerstone, While I was checking the browser network panel to find why the loading is there, after 5 minutes it showed the page and I could work with the Cornerstone.

So the Ajax call response takes a long time which usually indicates a low PHP memory limit and internal hosting service provider performance problems.

Please kindly increase the memory limit on your WordPress installation and ask your hosting service provider to do the same on their end. For more information:

Thank you.

Hi there,

We already replied to your separate thread. Kindly follow up your case there. For more information about the tips and tricks of the support forum usage, kindly read the article below:

Thank you.