Updated WP to 4.9.4 -- cornerstone stopped working

Hello,

I am using X 5.2.5 and Cornerstone 2.1.7. I just updated Wordpress to 4.9.4. My front end still looks great. When I try to edit using Cornerstone, the window will load everything except the Cornerstone content (so, just the header and footer). I have tried in both Firefox and Chrome. I have cleared my cache with both. I have tried deactivating some plugins but don’t want to deactivate Cornerstone, Askimet, and my autoresponder plugin.

I don’t know what to do. Please help.
Katy

Hi mickster58 – it happens to me a lot too, and usually it does eventually show up, like you said. But this time it just…doesn’t. When I try clicking on a section on the left menu, nothing happens.

What’s interesting is if I go to Options, the whole page loads right away.

Sometimes when I reload the page, I get this error: “The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.” I have often gotten this error, but usually I just click “try again” and it works. I have no idea what to do about potentially aggressive page cacheing.

I can create a new page and “edit with Cornerstone”…except when I select an element, such as Text, and hover over the page, the usual actions don’t happen at all.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

We are really sorry that you are facing such issue.

Would you mind opening a new ticket and posting your website URL and login details in a secure note so that we can have a look. Please don’t post details in this post use new ticking to send us the details.

Mean while you can check this list for optimizing the website for better performance on cornerstone.Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

All the best!

Okay, I have replied with a secure note. Can’t wait to hear back from you! :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I checked and it’s because of one of your plugins. Please deactivate your plugin one at a time until the loading issue disappears. Or you can start by deactivating them all, then activate it one by one until the issue appears, then the last plugin that you activated is the culprit.

Thanks!

Thank you! It was Convert Plug, which I need to make my opt-in box look good. I reached out to the developer, who made a fix for me. They will include the patch with their next update.

Thank you for your help!
Katy

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.