Updated to Woocommerce 3.3.1. Product-Category images now different sizes

Hey Orlando,

I made further investigation of your site and it seems that the WooCommerce X integration was being replaced by WooCommerce. I have tried as many times as I can to replicate the issue in my local testing server. I updated my WooCommerce with X 5.2.5 and no issues for me. I am guessing that maybe, there are theme files missing in your site. I’d like you to re install theme. If you could give us ftp details, then maybe we can investigate further because all of your issue is not happening in our test sites.

Please let us know what you think and provide us the access if you permit us to re install the theme.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Thank you for looking into this further. I don’t have a problem with you reinstalling the theme. Personally, I would not trust myself to do it. So, thank you for the offer. Please note that Child Theme is active.

This may have nothing to do with anything but this message has been on the dashboard forever:

I’m sending ftp info in a secure note.

Again, thank you for your help.
Orlando

Hi there,

I don’t see any customization related to this issue, this could be an incompatibility issue. Maybe the latest Woocommerce has different filters or standard which affects the current options.

I’ll add this to our issue tracker, you may use the temporary fix for now.

Thanks!

Rad,

Again, thanks for looking into this. I’m hoping for a more permanent fix in the very near future but will keep your jQuery code in place.

Orlando

No problem.
Thank you for understanding.

Hi again,

I recently ran into a 505 Internal Error on my site. It may be totally unrelated - I’m just not sure.

As the host company was looking into the error they indicated that it was not advisable for me to use PHP 7.0, but rather PHP 5.6. With that said, I’m guessing there’s now a major incompatibility between Woocommerce and 7.0.

Reverting back to 5.6 will only be another temporary fix. I’m afraid it will reach its “End of Life” before these issues are resolved.

If you have anything at all on this issue, please let me know as my site is presently down.

Thank you,
Orlando

Hi there,

The 5.6 should be good for now, but given the availability of 7.0 then it may retire soon and all other scripts and code will follow. And some host can’t follow the trend right away since upgrading a feature could affect the entire system.

Please use the temporary fix for now.

Thanks!

Thank you Staff, I have suddenly experienced this same issue with my category images and was able to get things back on track with the provided JavaScript. Over the course of the last couple years I have added quite a collection of custom CSS and JavaScript to force my X Themed websites into a level of customization not readily available at that time. All of those customization’s are still in place and I’m now wondering if they are creating more of a problem what with the new advancements in both X and Wordpress settings. Is there a best practice for removing unnecessary customization’s?
Thanks!

Also, seeing this issue with next/previous arrows. Have you discovered a fix yet?

Thanks!

Great question!!! While I greatly appreciate these band-aids the staff provides…they’re making me nervous.

And, the staff’s reply, “The 5.6 should be good for now, but given the availability of 7.0 then it may retire soon and all other scripts and code will follow. And some host can’t follow the trend right away since upgrading a feature could affect the entire system” - is reeeally making me nervous.

I’m now on my 3rd site crash since the update to woocommerce 3.3.1 and as I’m totally dependent on woocommerce and xtheme, I’m at a complete loss as to why a more efficient and effective development process isn’t in place before the update is put out there. Meanwhile, I’m losing customers, and spending hours troubleshooting.

Regarding the next/previous arrows, “No”…no fix yet. This was the reply:

"I don’t see any customization related to this issue, this could be an incompatibility issue. Maybe the latest Woocommerce has different filters or standard which affects the current options. I’ll add this to our issue tracker, you may use the temporary fix for now."

Let’s hope something good comes of these “support tickets.”

So not right and I share your frustration.
Orlando

1 Like

Hi @incywincies and @aacbrands,

Thank you both for your feedback we will surely take this into consideration. Meanwhile please kindly stay tuned for the upcoming release to have a solid support for the Woocomemrce 3.3.X

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you, Chris.

You’re welcome.

Hi Chris,

I’m baaaack!:confounded: So, woocommerce released an update yesterday, which outdated a couple of core php files (product-images and product-thumbnails). I updated the x-child files and thought it might’ve fixed my initial problem, but I honestly can’t tell. I notice that when going from one shop page to another there’s a flash or moment when the images appear large again, as if there was no global js fix, but then the code kicks in and corrects (resizes) the images. Not pretty at all.

I haven’t removed the temp global js fix you gave me: jQuery(’.archive ul.products’).addClass(‘cols-4’); and am wondering if it’s still necessary, or may be conflicting with the updates.

Please tell me this latest update to php files is not the “…soild support for the Woocommerce 3.3.X” release that Christopher Amirian spoke of. And please tell me there’s a fix for the glitch I just described.

Again, thank you for your help,
Orlando

Hey Orlando,

Please downgrade to Woocommerce 3.2.3 for now because that is the latest supported version.

The outdated templates will be updated in the next release. Regretfully, we could not provide when the new version will be released.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

Chris,

Thanks for quick reply. Ok, I’ll downgrade to 3.2.3 (reluctantly). Should I remove the temp global js that you provided?

Thanks

Hey There,

Please do not remove the temp global JS yet. You might be going to back to square one and encounter the issues which you have posted in the original post.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi - ok thank you. I’ll leave as is. Actually, I’m leaving everything as is. After reading docs on the process, reverting back to 3.2.3 appears it’ll cause more harm than good. I’ll have to live with the glitch that I mentioned until your new version becomes avail.

Keeping fingers crossed,
Orlando

Hi Orlando,

Thank you for understanding.
I have check our issue tracker and I can see this is already on going. Some template files are being updated already. Complete information will be available on our changelog once the release is available.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.