Updated Revolution Slider to 6.1.2 , it won't position correctly

I updated my local site using MAMP before I update my live site. Both my live site and the local site are using X Theme 7.0.4 and Wordpress 5.2.4. The local site has Revolution Slider 6.1.2 and the slider sits too high, it’s supposed to sit level w/the bottom of the purple area (see Jpgs attached). The live site says it still is using Revolution Slider 5.4.8 which is displaying the slider correctly. I’d like to update the live site to match the local/test site but I can’t get the slider to position correctly w/6.1.2. I have cleared cache, checked the knowledge and support areas and nothing seems to work. I didn’t change anything on the site, just updated it. I did check for plugin conflicts and haven’t found any.

My live site is fca-design.com. I’m attaching a JPG of the updated local site that doesn’t look correct and the live site that looks correct but isn’t totally updated.

Can you help me?
Thanks,
Felice Croul

Hi Felice,

Thank you for writing in, is there any way you can upload your dev site to a staging server so we can take a look?

In the meantime, please right-click the section that contains your slider and set to Remove Spacing

Cheers!

Sorry, but I can’t upload this site to a staging server. Also, when I right click on the page in Cornerstone I don’t get the option your showing me. Here’re the views I get, they’re attached as JPGs.

I would like to upgrade my live site to Revolution Slider 6.1.2 but can’t do it until I get my test site correct. I have upgraded my live site to X Theme 7.0.4 but it says that the slider is still at vers. 5.4.8. Do I leave it that way since the slider works? Shouldn’t upgrading the X Theme (Renew) automatically upgrade Revolution slider to 6.1.2?

Would looking at my live site help to see how the slider sets up so I can trouble shoot this problem? Is there space in the header that’s affecting this or in the CSS?

Again, your help will be appreciated.
Felice

Hi @fcroul,

Please navigate to Settings > Preferences and enable the Context Menu

More details about the Context Menu here.

The latest supported version of Revolution Slider is 6.1.3, please update to that version.

No, that’s not totally automatic, there are still few Human interventions that need to do, like clicking a button, etc. Please see the following guide:

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

No, since the issue is on developmental site and we can not compare it because the version of Slider is different.

It could be, but we can not really tell until we inspect your slider.

Besides that slider issue, is there anything else that affects your site? If not, then I advise to update the Revolution Slider to 6.1.3 on your live site, then provide us login credentials of your live site (in a secure note) so we can take a look on the issue.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.