Updated Cornerstone, Website Broken :(

Hey guys i just updated Cornerstone and all my plugins, my website is now broken.
my website
redslandscaping.com.au
has been built with a customized shrinking header using the elementor pro plugin.
It also contains a contact form in the footer also using the elementor pro plugin
The gallery has been built with the grid plugin
Now when cornerstone plugin is active, neither the header, the footer or my gallery will work properly.
when cornerstone plugin is deactivate everything works fine. Also everything works fine in preview form, just not work live.

Is there anyway i can unupdate cornerstone? reverse the update?
any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards
Callum O’Brien

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Seems like there is a conflict between new version of cornerstone and Elementor Pro. How ever we don’t have such information regarding this as Elemetor Pro is third party plugins.

To confirm the issue please check few troubleshooting process.

Caching. If you have a caching plugin activated or any form of server side caching please disable it to test for any possible conflicts. If you have server side caching or aren’t sure if you do, your host should be able to advise of this and disable it for testing purposes on your account.

Cloudflare. If you are using Cloudflare please disable this for testing purposes. Cloudflare by default enables an auto minfication function to compress the JS and CSS files of the theme. As the theme already serves minified files, re-minifying said files only causes to break the entire site.

Custom code syntax error. If you have a child theme, please enable the child theme and check if the issue still exists. If you have entered any custom JS or CSS into their respective editors. Please review the code for any syntax errors. A mis-placed semi-colon or a missing bracket will cause the issue you’re seeing.

Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Clear your style catch in Cornerstone -> settings.

If you still need an older stable version of cornerstone you can download it from apex dashboard.

Hope this helps!

Do you know how to install the stability release?
i deleted the cornerstone plugin and when i try to install the old version manually i get this error

Installing Plugin from uploaded file: x.zip
Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.

Plugin installation failed.

Return to Plugin Installer

Hi Callum,

The x.zip file is not a plugin, it’s the X installer.

I would not advise installing the stability release though, as you can see that is version 3.0.4, which is not the version that your site is come from (v5.2.4).

The short way around this is to contact your hosting and restore your site from the date before you did the updating (before having this issue)

The long way would be to update everything (Wordpress, X, Cornerstone, and 3rd Party plugins) this is how it is, if the Wordpress release an update the themes (any themes) and plugins (any plugins) will follow to be compatible.

What we advise is combination of the two, restore the site to date before you have the issue. Then duplicate the site on a developmental server and do the updating there first. This way your live site will restore to its normal state, while you do the updating on the developmental server. Since this is a major update, it is understandable that few things will need adjustment/fixing, if you are not comfortable doing this, please hire a developer to help you on this.

- How to duplicate a WordPress Site
- Updating WordPress
- Updating Your Themes and Plugins
- Latest Version Compatibility

If you have any caching and/or optimizer feature (plugin, server-side, CDN) on your site, please clear and deactivate those for now.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.