Updated Cornerstone Plugin and it Failed and Disappeared

We updated the Cornerstone plugin because we were having trouble with saving work while using Cornerstone. While the plugin was updating, I got a message that the plugin update failed and that it has automatically been uninstalled and deleted. Now the pages that we built using cornerstone are not loading and I canโ€™t move forward with building this new site. I need help!

Example page built using Cornerstone: http://xgx.31c.myftpupload.com/apprentice-agents/

Hello Brian,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please never share your site login details in public. Always use secure note feature so that the information is in between you have Themeco staff. I have moved the login details into secure note.

I tried installing Cornerstone, however I am getting Destination folder already exists. message. Using FTP software like Filezilla, please delete Cornerstone folder under /wp-content/plugins/ folder. After that visit X menu in WordPress backend to automatically install Cornerstone.

To get started with Filezilla, please take a look at following resource.

Thanks.

Thank you for the help. I was able to follow your instructions and use File Zilla to delete the folder and reinstall Cornerstone. I wonder however, if I try to update the plugin again will it have the same effect? Do you have any experience with this? The original problem is still happening. The green bar at the top of Cornerstone that appears when attempting to save gets all the way to the end and then stops, ultimately preventing me from making any edits/changes using Cornerstone.

Hi,

Please try the following.

1. You can try updating manually using FTP

See Manual update section on the link below.

Please take note of the latest version numbers

X 6.3.8, Cornerstone 3.3.8

1. After that if it still doesnโ€™t work, try to increase your memory limit and max execution time by adding the code below in wp-config.php file
set_time_limit(300);
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

Hope that helps.

Hello. neither of those suggestions worked. On my third attempt, I took a screen shot of the error message that shows up when the Cornerstone plugin attempts to update. And I added that code to the file you suggested and the saving in cornerstone is still delayed. Any other ideas?

Hello Brian,

Please make sure that the theme is validated. When you update Cornerstone, it will check first if the theme is validated because it will connect to our Theme.co plugin repository. You will encounter this error when your connection is denied usually because the theme were not validated.

I would suggest that you update the X theme first. Once you have the updated X theme, deactivate Cornerstone and delete it completely. Go back to X > Validation and the latest version of Cornerstone that is integrated in the latest theme will be automatically installed.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.