Update X Theme on Multisite

I’m noticing that there is a new version of X Theme available, but it doesn’t appear to update automatically for me across a multisite network. Cornerstone updated just fine, but X Theme does not.

Is there any way to have X Theme update automatically across a multisite network?

Hi,

Do you have any cache plugin installed?

It’s possible to implement an update, and not have it take place because a cached version of the page or various resources are loading instead of the latest version.

Try to clear your plugin cache and browser cache then check again

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Nope, no cache plugin on the site yet. Let me ask you this:

I created this Wordpress environment initially with the intent of it being a single site, but the project has since evolved into a multisite endeavor. The theme was installed before multisite was enabled.

Would I need to install the theme from the multisite network admin dashboard to get updates automatically?

Hello Tyler,

Thanks for updating in! With Multisite set up, the main site should be using X theme so that you might be able to update the X theme. You will have to go to My Sites > Network Admin > Themes. If you are not seeing any update link or button for the theme, then you will have to do it manually. For more details how you can update the theme manually, please check out “Manual Updates” section in this article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel,

Thanks for the reply!

I’m not seeing the option to automatically the site. My concern is that there a lot of “mights” and “ifs” in your reply, making it seem like it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. Obviously, I’d prefer it to work :slight_smile:

Is there some sort of process that I may need to adjust to make it update automatically?

Hi Tyler,

That’s the downside of using multi-site, and since it’s specific to the active theme then it could change. I personally recommend manual updates for multi-site too.

Let’s compare it as the sandboxed environment, the update is only applicable to the site where it’s active hence, other sites have no relation to it. Same goes for multi-site since the theme is site-specific, it may not available globally even on the network admin.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.