Update to Pro?

While using this Apex site, I was given the opportunity to upgrade to Pro for free. Added it to my licenses page, but nothing else has changed. What else do I need to do now?

Hi @houseofleopold,

Thanks for writing in.

You can download the Pro theme in your Apex > Account > Dashboard.

For more details you can check the link below:

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a slightly more basic question than this and that is, WHY would I update? What do I get in Pro that I dont get in X? What will change as a result? What will potentially break? What new do I need to learn? What happens with all the knowledge I spent ages learning in X? Is that going to have to be dumped and then I have a new learning curve?

All Ive seen is a nuts and bolts description of what I should do but not why. Is there any more information you can point potential users who are considering moving to Pro?

Thanks

1 Like

Nothing breaks if you convert to Pro, and you get access to more features like Headers, Footers, and Design Cloud. Yes, there is a learning curve to Pro in terms of the new features, but many features are shared with X so it won’t at all feel like switching themes entirely.

Hi,

I want to try Pro theme in the staging site first before I convert. What do I do? Do I complete the convert process first to download the pro theme? Is that going to affect the x-theme licence?

Secondly, when converted to pro do I get 2 licences?

Sorry, using the older thread instead of creating new one…

Thanks,

Sudha

Hi There,

X and Pro are two different licenses. Once you convert X license to Pro, you cannot rollback or you will not be able to use both X and Pro licenses.

However converting X theme license to Pro will not be affected to your live site (you cannot update X theme, Cornerstone or you cannot install new extensions without a valid license).

Pro also comes with development and production licenses. So what you can do is to convert your current X license to Pro, then create a staging site and test it. Once you’re done with testing, you can convert your live site to Pro as well.

Hope that’s clear.

1 Like

Hi,
In this case, can I then use the X license on another website? After converting to Pro?

Hi there,

You can’t, it’s an upgraded license, it still one license. What we’re saying is, X and Pro license are different (hence you need to upgrade) and you can’t use one license to both. And upgrading your license should have no effect to your existing sites, you can’t just update theme to another X version.

Thanks!