Update Pro Version: 2.2.4 -> x-share Icons disapeard

Hi there,

after updating I am missing my x_share icons in Ethos. Just squares instead of social icons.
If I uncheck “font-weight” in CSS I can see the icons:

[data-x-icon], [class*=“x-icon-”] {
font-family: “FontAwesome”;
/* font-weight: 900; */
}
This CSS ist a part of Pro:
…/pro/framework/dist/css/site/stacks/ethos.css?ver=2.2.4

Thank you,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Is the site in question what’s in the Secure Note I posted?

If so, I have checked it and the share icons are displaying fine.

Try clearing any caching plugins you have active or the cache provided by your host.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade,

No it issn’t. This is the actual site with NO update.
I’ll send you the stage.

Hello @mickna,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I checked the website and can see that the old code is being outputted for social share icon. As we have updated the font awesome, now the code should look like data-x-icon-b instead of data-x-icon. I changed the code in dev tools and icons are showing up. Please see screenshot in secure note. You can check the details here. Please take a look at the fourth FAQ.

I see that you are using custom PHP code to output icons from child theme function.php file. Upon further checking I see it’s an old code that you need to update inorder to display social icons properly. Please update the code and in-place of data-x-icon add data-x-icon-b .

Thanks.

Hi I am using Ethos as well and have the same issue the icons are not showing. Could you please let me know where I should update this code or what to add to my child theme for font awesome? thank you so much :slight_smile:

Hello @zigotic,

Thanks for writing in!

In case you are using child theme and you are using custom code to display or make some changes for social icons then you need to update the code in child theme. Please take a look at our release notes article for some relevant information.

If you have further questions or issue didn’t got resolved, please create a new ticket and share the details in the same. As posting in a ticket started by a different user create lot of confusion and slows the response time. More information can be found on following post:

Thanks.

@Prasant :slight_smile:

Thank you so much. Didn’t recognize that I have made a customization…

Great work!
Thank you,
Mickna

You’re welcome, Mickna. Glad we could help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.