Update of Pro + some pages not visibile anymore

Hi,
I have two problems on the site:
The Home Page “Azienda” and “Software” are not loading the pages anymore. The “Software” menu has a dropdown menu (second level menu) that is not visible. Only when i click on the “Casi studio” and then I go back to “Software” menu it loads the second level menu and I can see it. The pages are visibile and have all the element in the backend of the Wordpress. Can you help me understand what is going on?

One other thing: when I update the theme X Pro the layout of the pages change > the margins and paddings are gone > you can try to do it yourself in order to see the change. I have a backup that I can easily restore.
I will give you the account details in private.

This is my site: http://www.mediana.com/

Please let me know.
Thank you,
Anita

Hello Anita,

Thanks for writing in! I have investigated your site and there seems to be a fatal error happening right after loading the page contents. Could you please enable the debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output somewhere in the page content describing the issue in more detail.

Please let us know how it goes.

OK, I’ve done that and now the site is in debug mode. There are some problems with envira gallery and some other elements. I don’t understand it very well. Can you try to help me?

Thanks in advance,
Anita

Hi Anita,

Upon investigating your issue further, I see there’s a fatal error coming from your Envira gallery plugin as well, so I have disable it temporarily. I have also seen some errors coming from your child theme, so that I have disabled your child theme as well temporarily.

Could you please try switching your PHP version to v7.2.x and see if that resolves your issue. You can see WordPress recommendations from here (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). Most of the web hosting control panels have that option to switch PHP version. If you don’t have that option, you will need to contact your hosting provider directly.

If you require further assistance after updating PHP, please provide us with your FTP credentials as well in your secure note.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

OK, I’ve seen that you’ve updated also the theme, correct?
Because the layout of the pages changed, as I told you in the first thread the layout is wide and not constraint as before (there is no padding on the extreme left and right side, as if the container disapears), also I can see the hidden elements that should be visible only on mobile devices.
Can the php version be issue also in this case?

Thanks,
Anita

Hi Anita,

It looks like there is a fatal PHP error coming from the Envira Gallery plugin.

Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding

This means that you don’t have the multibyte string PHP extension installed on your server. Regretfully, for now the best course of action would be to disable Envira Gallery as Darshana did earlier. This will allow your site to keep working.

You can contact your host and ask them to install the PHP mbstring extension. Meanwhile we will reach out to Envira Gallery’s developers. That extension isn’t required for WordPress so at the very least the plugin should check if it is installed before trying to use it (causing the error).

OK, thank you.
But there is one more open point: when I update the theme the layout of the pages changes, as I told you in the first thread the layout is wide and not constraint as before (there is no padding on the extreme left and right side, as if the container disapears), also I can see the hidden elements that should be visible only on mobile devices.
Can the php version be issue also in this case?

Thank you,
Anita

Hi Anita,

I was able to fix your page layout by enabling Legacy X integration

Please check release PRO 2.3 notes for more information regarding this.

Thanks

Hello Anita,

It seems that you have deleted your previous post. Please let us know in case you have any question.

Thank you.

Hi Paul,
thank you very much!
I’m trying to figure out what happened with the content dock. There were some writings that don’t appear anymore.

Thanks,
Anita

Ok, I’ve figured it out. Somehow the content finished in “Inactive Widgets” section. All ok now.

Thanks,
Anita

Glad you’ve sorted it out, Anita.

Hi,
I have one question regarding wordpress hosting and your theme: can Debian replace Ubuntu as operating system on the server where the wordpress site is hosted? Have you had cases like this in the past?

Thanks,
Anita

Hi Anita,

As long as your hosting support the requirement for Wordpress, that should be fine.

Please check this link for information about the requirements for Wordpress:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.