Update has messed my site up

So I have to access the site via ftp, I uploaded the new theme, and it asked me if I wanted to override the folder, I said yes, it upload, and now the site is broken:

http://www.mountain-ce.com/

The columns are messed up:

Seams it might be a conflict with visual baker maybe? If I switch back to the old version, the site looks fine.

Backend, it seams to have added text, looks strange:

Hello @logoglo,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked the website and can see issues with the layout. Please try out following solutions and let us know how it goes.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Did all the above. I have the old theme in my theme folder, if I switch back, the site looks fine, its with the update. This has happened on other sites I have built too, I have a hunch its with visual baker, access in secure notes.

Hello There,

I have logged in and resolved the issue for you.

It is caused by the X integration being disabled. This issue has been explained in the release notes (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-3-x-6-3-cornerstone-3-3/44607) by the way.

Why do my Visual Composer rows and columns look broken after this update?
Go to WPBakery Page Builder Settings > General and make sure “Legacy X Integration” is enabled. A common request we get is to not overwrite parts of the WPBakery Page Builder. We are committed to keep supporting sites from the early days of X where Visual Composer was our page builder but we’ve consolidated all that integration code under one setting. It used to be enabled by default, but you will now need to opt-in to using it.

Please check your site now.

Thanks, but this seams strange, why would it be disabled? it wasn’t in any other updates of the theme. I have 20 sites built this way, im going to have to go in and manual change this for each right? I would never have known if it wasn’t for this thread.

Hi @logoglo,

The integration between them has changed and needed to be enabled again. And yes, it has to be done manually.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.