Update from X 4.0.6 to Pro

Hi there,
I’m a bit confused how to handle my support tickets. I already opend a support ticket for the question how to update the X Version 4.0.6 and thankfull I’ve got an answer. Than I wanted to reply to these answer but I’m obviosly to dumb to do so.
The only way I found was to update my first issue but sorryly I’ve got no anwser yet.
So therefor I’ve to open here a new ticket and be hopefull for an answer.
Regarding your replay from the first ticket I already did my Database and content backup. I also converted my licence to the PRO version.
After I did that I read this… If you aren’t upgrading from X 4.6.4, you should first update to the latest version of X and then proceed to update to Pro.
Means if my version is on X4.0.6 I will need an update to X 4.6.4…Am I right ?
Do you know where I can get the Packet X4.6.4 for this required update before I update to PRO Version ?
Or is there a better option to update to PRO ?

Greetings

Chris

Hey Chris,

Please let me clarify first why you weren’t able to reply to your previous thread. It is because if the original poster didn’t post a reply within 10 days, the thread will close automatically by our forum system. Updating your post won’t put it back to the queue so you need to open a new thread. It would be best though that you post your previous thread here in the new thread in order to receive a faster reply as we do not have to find previous threads in case you have many threads.

Now to the problem, you don’t necessarily need to update to X 4.6.4. It is just recommended to update to the latest version of X which you can find in our Changelog: https://theme.co/changelog

Since you’re using X 4.0.6 which is a very old version, you need to manually update to the latest version. You can find the manual update instruction at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

You can install the Pro theme in your site and switch to it but as recommended in our X to Pro Conversion article, you update to the latest version of X first since Pro was not tested with X versions below 4.6.4.

Trying the updates in a staging or development environment was also recommended in our Product Update article.

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian,

many thanks for reply and explanation. I’m a bit busy at these times so I missed to reply in theses 10 days last time.
I looked into the changelog website but I couldn’t find some download for X4.6.4 to aplly my update befor changing to Pro.

Have I missed something ?

Greetings

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the confusion. You need to update Xtheme to the latest version which is X 6.5.6
You need to do this manually using FTP. As stated by my colleague, you can find the manual update instruction at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Please don’t forget to create full backup of your site before updating.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

thanks for fast reply.
To do update manually via FTP is clear, my question is where to download the latest Version of X. Problem is that I already changed from X to Pro in my Account befor I got aware about that I have to update to the latest X Version and therefor I’m not able to download the latest X Version.

Is there a way ?

Hi Chris,

You can download the latest version of X from your ThemeForest account. The steps are actually included in the link that @Paul provided previously.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade,

many thanks, helps a lot

Greetings

Chris

You’re always welcome Chris!

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.