Update broke my prompt

Hello,
could you please tell me how to fix my prompt? It broke in one of the last updates, either X oder Cornerstone.

1. It’s the headline and text which used to be full width in the prompt. Now everything is squeezed to the left and the right side of the prompt is empty.
  2. The Button ist full width now, too. How can I make it more narrow?
    URL is https://www.hartig-coacht.de/profil/
    I’d appreciate any help. Thank you :slight_smile:
    Karen

Hi there,

I checked your website and found out that for some reason the generated CSS is rendered incorrectly. For example, the width of the prompt should be 100% in the code but it has this big random numbers:

.my-prompt .x-prompt-section-message {
	width: 100{482b3925abee60e7888b807152317eff13a1c348ad7f5f9d6b2e677b21005ccc};
	display: block;
	font-family: "Open Sans",serif;
	font-size: 15px;
}

There might be a bad update case. I suggest that you delete the Cornerstone plugin and install it again by going to X > Overview and wait for few seconds and then go to plugins menu to see the latest version.

The other possible cause might be related to cache. If you have any kind of cache plugin or cache system on your hosting service provider please kindly purge the cache and deactivate the cache plugin.

Also, test if there is no 3rd party plugin interfering with the CSS code generation of the theme. You can test that by deactivating them and see the result. The other thing is that you can test if the changes you have made in the Child Theme is safe for this update or not. Test it by changing the theme to parent one and test the case.

If you still have problems regarding this kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello Christopher,
thank you. I tried every possibility you mentioned, nothing has changed. See secure note following. Regards, Karen

Hi,

Please navigate to X > Theme Options > CSS and change width fo your prompt to 100%;

eg.

.my-prompt .x-prompt-section-message {
    width: 100%;
    display: block;
    font-family: "Open Sans",serif;
    font-size: 15px;
}

Hope that helps.

Hi Paul,
yes that helped! When cleaning the CSS I found more of that stuff. It seems as if the Cornerstone Update replaced every single “%” in the whole site with something like {482b3925abee60e7888b807152317eff13a1c348ad7f5f9d6b2e677b21005ccc}
It happened in ordinary text, too. Whatever happened…
Now everything is back to normal. Thank you very much!

• One more thing: what would I have to add in CSS to change the size of my prompt header?

Cheers, Karen

Hi Karen,

You’re welcome!

To know what CSS to use, we can always use browser developer tools to inspect element. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbXj0y2lyS

.my-prompt h2.h-prompt {
    font-size: 50px; /*Adjust this accordingly*/
}

Hope this helps.

Hi Lely,
thanks! That screencast video was a perfect help. Actually I didn’t manage to save the change inside developer tool, but then I copied the CSS you suggested to “Page Content CSS”. That worked :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!
Karen

Hi Karen,

Yes, the developer tool is just to test and check the elements.

You still need to copy the css code to Custom CSS or Page Content CSS

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.