Unresponsive Preview

When using the Pro editor to modify a large page, I receive the following error message: “The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.” For smaller pages, the editor will load, but the content does not show in the right-side portion of the screen.

What’s unique about this problem is that it only occurs on certain computers. I was able to recreate this problem on some computers and not on others.

This problem seemed to start after installing some of the WMPUdev plugins including SmushIt and Hummingbird. Those plugins have been disabled, and the caches cleared, yet the problem remains.

Any suggestions on how to get the editor working again?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! If you’re experiencing this issue on certain computers, could you please check with different browsers on a same computer to see if that is a browser related issue.

Also it could be an intermittent connection issue as well.

You can check the standard debug methods that you can follow, from the following post (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/major-cornerstone-upgrade-problems/26569/2?u=mldarshana).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

I’ve tried three different browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) on multiple computers with the same outcome.

I completed all of the standard debug methods with no positive effect.

Hi There,

In that case, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks!

Secure note with requested information added to previous reply.

Hi there,

Please kindly follow the steps below:

1. You are using the W3 Total Cache. Please clear the cache and deactivate the plugin temporarily
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit. You do have lots of plugins so I suggest in this case make it 1024M instead of 512.

If you still have the problem I suggest that you fall back to the skeleton mode for the large pages as your hosting service provider does not have enough resources to handle such cases:

As an alternative you can use our hosting service which you will not have the issue if the troubleshooting steps above not working for you:

Thank you.

Thank you for the response.

1). W3 Total Cache was activated but none of the caching features had been enabled yet. Deactivating did not fix the problem.

2). All plugins were deactivated. The builder began working again. All used plugins were activated one-by-one. The builder continued to work after all used plugins were reactivated.

At this point everything is good. Thanks for the help.

you are most welcome!

Thanks

Upon further investigation, it appears that the problem is being caused by WooCommerce subscriptions plugin. Is this a known issue, and is there a potential workaround to resolve the problem?

Hi There,

We don’t have any known issues reported with that plugin. However upon checking, I see that your memory limit is set to 384.0 MiB.

Could you please try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.