Unlimited sidebar not working anymore

Hello,
as i was adding some content on a client’s website i noticed that the custom sidebars that i’ve created were not around any more in their respective pages.
After a little digging I found out that i don’t have anymore the unilimited sidebars feature in my wp-admin>appereance>widgets page and the custom sidebars are inactive (luckly the widgets are still there). this is happening also on another X-powered website.
How can I fix this mess? and why did this happen?

Hello @envi_snc,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please confirm the admin URL? I tried the url that you have shared in secure note along with /wp-admin/ and /wp-login.php but all three are redirecting to 404 page.

In the meantime please follow the instruction from following resource for Unlimited sidebar:

Thanks.

Ok, I’ve updated it, it was missing https.
Thank you, that is the procedure I followed back in 2017 when I created the website.
What I found strange is that I’m missing the entire “sidebar” section under “appereance” in wp-admin, I only have themes, customize, widgets, menu, ubermenu and theme editor…

Hi @envi_snc,

It seems that you only updated X but left Cornerstone in the previous version which is causing an incompatibility issue.

Kindly go to WP Admin > Plugins then update Cornerstone from there.

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

Hope this helps.

Ok, now “siderbars” is back after the update.
yesterday I have checked multiple times for updates but besides two other plugins there was no notification from wordpress for cornerstone and the grid plugin.
Thank yor for your time, I’m sorry for the trouble.

Hi @envi_snc,

No worries! To may check our changelog to see more details for every update:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.