Unfunctional button border

Hello,
I’d like to ask why is button border not working. I tried to set it up in few websites and it doesn’t do anything (I’m doing it in in item editing section border - style solid/ or another). When I try to set up border size It’s not reacting.
Thank you for your answer.Tereza

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! I have tested this on my end, but I could not replicate this issue.

Please make sure that you’re fully updated first. You can check our latest version numbers from the following guide (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Then if you’re using a caching plugin, make sure to purge your server cache and test. We also recommend to disable your caching plugin when you’re developing your site.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,
I’m sure we have all newest versions of everything, we updated every plugin, whole WordPress, Cornerstone… It’s also couldn’t be cache problem. The thing is It’s not working on any of our websites so I guess It’s not gonna be our issue. Or It could be?
Tereza

Hi Tereza,

We are sorry you are having this issue. There is a known issue for border when it is set on a single side. Let say you have set to have left border only. The border shows perfectly on frontend but not on builder preview. This bug will be sorted out on the next update. We are not sure if this is exactly the same issue you were having. Since you have done basic troubleshooting - making sure everything is updated and it is not a cache issue either, maybe we can check. You may share your site URL and credentials inside a secure note .

Hi,
thanks for your answer. I’ll send it to you. T

Hey @nezzazvoni,

I created a test page to test the border option and yes, the border does not work inside the builder and in the front-end. Like @mldarshana though, the border works in my test site so there could be something in your server that is causing the issue. Most common cause of this is security configuration. I see this warning in the console.

Would you mind giving us cPanel access so we could browse through your configuration and see what could be causing this issue?

Thanks.

Hi again!

We tried to contact our hosting service regarding this issue. Here is the summary of our hour-long conversation:

• our hosting does not have cPanel, so we can’t grant you access
  • the system they use instead does not have any related option, so we ruled out possibility of us unintentionally disabling something
  • there is nothing in our htaccess beside default WP configuration (and previously authentication, which we disabled for the testing)
  • we ran a server test and domain test and everything should be ok on our side, we do not block anything
  • we were not able to replicate the warning from the screenshot

We also tried removing FB iframe, fiddling with the button options again, clearing cache… This makes us believe, that our hosting and domain are not affecting the issue. What can we do next?

Hi There,

Thanks for the clarification!

there is some JS error in the page which is causing the issue.

It may be due to several reasons.

Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Caching. If you have a caching plugin activated or any form of server side caching please disable it to test for any possible conflicts. If you have server side caching or aren’t sure if you do, your host should be able to advise of this and disable it for testing purposes on your account.

Cloudflare. If you are using Cloudflare please disable this for testing purposes. Cloudflare by default enables an auto minfication function to compress the JS and CSS files of the theme. As the theme already serves minified files, re-minifying said files only causes to break the entire site.

Custom code syntax error. If you have a child theme, please enable the child theme and check if the issue still exists. If you have entered any custom JS or CSS into their respective editors. Please review the code for any syntax errors. A mis-placed semi-colon or a missing bracket will cause the issue you’re seeing.

htaccess. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Hope this helps!

Hi!

So we run som extensive troubleshooting for few hours:

• We have some 30+ plugins and X theme + child
  • We tried all possible combination - all plugins activated, all plugins deactivated + X theme and the same for child theme
  • We also tried disabling/enabling everything at once and one by one - after each change we tried border setting again
  • We completely disabled and deleted every file related to caching
  • We updated permalinks and checked htaccess
  • We can’t replicate the warning you are getting in console

Info from our testing (not necessarily related to this issue):

• We have few more sites build on Cornerstone and X none of which utilizes the button borders, but we tried it anyway and it does not work on any of them
  • Deactivating Envira gallery crashes the site instantly, as functions.php in child theme has hardcoded few lines related to this plugin
  • We have been struggling with wrong styles loading on Ubermenu - after every single update in Customize option the menu completely loses its original appearance (aligns to the top, wrong fonts, transparent submenu background). We were always able to resolve this by accessing the Customize -> Typography -> switch from Stepped to Scaling and back again. This no longer works on our latest dev instance (this one)

So we think we ruled out:

• Plugin conflict - does not work on any circumstance
  • Caching - we disabled it altogether
  • We don’t know anything about Cloudfare at all
  • Custom code syntax - we added some code to child theme earlier, but the issue remains on the original X (which we didn’t change and is freshly updated anyway)
  • htaccess - reviewed and updated

So, what we can do next?

Hi there,

I checked and it’s because of your existing CSS,

a, a:hover, a:focus, a:active {
    border: none !important;
}

That removes all borders to all links including buttons. Please remove it .

Thanks!

Hi,
ok, so we did it and it’s working now. Thanks very much. We are sory for so much trouble with this (in the end) simple issue…
Nezzazvoni

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.