Under Construction Plugin Help!

I just installed an activated the “Under Construction” plugin that comes with Pro. The plugin is not putting up an under construction page and has overwritten the site styles. For example, I set the under construction page to have a specific background colour, and that has now become the site background colour. I have also experience issues with the Google Analytics plugin that comes with Pro. Why are your plugins not updated with the theme?

Best,

Matt

Just a quick update. The styling issue was only on Edge, but could have been due to caching. I cannot get this plugin to work as intended though.

Hey Matt,

Please first check if your using the latest version of the extensions from the list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

I’ve just tested the latest Under Construction plugin in my test site and it does not override the site styles. Maybe I didn’t understand what you mean? If that’s the case, would you mind providing more details and screenshots of the options you used?

Also provide access to your WordPress Admin in a Secure Note so we could check the actual setup and the issue.

Please open a separate thread for the Google Analytics issue and state that you’re using the latest version .
Thanks.

Hi Christian,

I am currently on 2.0.4 of Under Construction. The domain I am having these issues on is https://catalogue.faithhopeinaction.ca. I have just activated the plugin and have the default background colour applied, a dark blue. If you go to the domain you will see the site, not the under construction page, and you will see a dark blue background on everything, it should be a light grey.

Best,

Matt

Thanks for providing the URL of your site, Matt. Based on what I saw, I have replicated the issue. You’ve probably set the Posts page also as the custom under construction page.

That is a not recommended setup and also regretfully might be unexpected because when you set an under construction page, you usually would not use a blog page as your under construction page.

Please don’t use a custom under construction page or use another page as under construction. For the latter, please ensure that you use a solid color background for the sections as the background of the under construction would persist.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

I am not using the under construction page as the default post page. Also, I am not using custom under construction page, I am trying to use the default page the plugin creates.

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

No problem, below is the credentials.

Hi @mattcaldwell

I’ve enabled “Under Construction” plugin on your website and I activated it then I didn’t choose “Use a custom Under Construction Page” option so the plugin , I can’t see any changes in the homepage nor any of the other pages, could you please clear your browser cache and recheck this issue?

Thanks.

Hi @Alaa,

I have cleared my cache and there has been some style changes to the site. I have included a screen shot for you to see. Also, since the plugin in activated should the home page not be accessible? Users should be directed to the under construction page, which is not happening.

Best,

Matt

Hi again,

I did some testing and I see when the under-construction plugin is enabled your site returns 503 error ( Service Unavailable ) which breaks your site styling. This could be happening due to the security plugins you have or the server cache could be the reason.

You can check for the following:

1. Clear all caches including server cache then deactivate your caching and other optimization services.If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

2. Deactivate all third party plugins including your security plugins and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Let us know how this goes!

Hi @Nabeel,

I have setup a test domain to try to figure out what the issue is and from what I can tell its a plugin conflict with woocommerce. I deactivated all plugins and started by activating woocommerce first and when I did the under construction page no longer appeared.

Best,

Matt

Hi Matt,

The Woocommerce version that is currently supported by X is 3.4.2. You might have updated to the latest version of Woocommerce that is not yet tested with X.

You may check this link for the supported versions with X:

Hi @Jade,

Thanks for letting me know that. I will stop wasting time trying to sort this out.

Do you have an idea when the latest version of woocommerce will be supported?

Best,

Matt

Hello Matt,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Unfortunately, I’m not in a position to share ETA on WooCommerce update. Rest assured, our developers are at work and we will communicate the updates via changelog.

https://theme.co/changelog/

I would also encourage you to please review our theme and plugin update guide before updating plugin and/or theme:

Thanks.

Hi @Prasant,

Thanks for the link, I will keep an eye out for the update.

Best,

Matt

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.