Under Construction Issues

Hello!

I have the password set up for the Under Construction page and the key appears on the front end but it isn’t clickable. I tried on multiple browsers but for every browser the same happens - clicking on the key does not reveal a box to enter password.

Is this a known issue that can be resolved easily?

Thanks!

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for reaching out.

There is a javascript error originating from Own Carousel and it’s loaded just before the under construction script. Could you try deactivating the related plugin? Let me know :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I am also looking for a solution for this problem. I do not have Own Carousel plugin – I am using the plugins that are needed for the Nonprofit Demo content to be used.

Hi @jwareconsulting,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I tried to check your site but you seem to have quite a few licenses registered on your account so I am not sure which website is in question. There might be a conflict which is breaking the plugin’s functionality. Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Also make sure you’re using the latest version of Under Construction plugin. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove custom JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first).

Let us know how this goes!

I wasn’t able to resolve so I just sent client login so that they can review site. This, however, raised another issue…

When opening certain pages, specifically the Our Physicians page and the specialties pages, the Under Construction page will load even though I’m logged in. It’s intermittent and primarily seems to be an issue on mobile.

Thoughts?

Hi @nathandutoit,

It’s cache issue, the cache basically keep the same copy and serve the same copy, hence, you see the same view. But I’m not sure why you have to use two under construction plugin. Please deactivate one and test it again.

And the reason the password key isn’t appearing is that there is no applied password, plus, there is javascript error caused by your GS plugin.

The moment I deactivated the GS plugin and applied a password, it works right away

Please disable the plugin and apply the password.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I can’t disable the GS plugin as it is a critical part of the content on two pages (home and Our Physicians).

I’ll get with the client to clear their cache to resolve other issue.

• Nathan

I added the other Under Construction plugin thinking there was an issue with Pro’s under construction.

I cleared cache but I am still having the same issues with the pages previously mentioned. This is making the review process with the client challenging!

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions to resolve Under Construction issue.

Thanks,

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Unfortunately, there is no other solution but disabling the plugin and setting a password. The plugin should only execute the scripts where it’s needed, but it looks like global affecting anything including the under construction page.

Another solution would be programmatically disabling that plugin from specific page like under construction. But I’m not sure if there is a available plugin for that.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.