Under Construction error - site can't be reached

Hi, I’m building a new site and I just did a fresh install of wordpress and X. I’m getting “This site can’t be reached” when I hit update on the under construction plugin. I’ve tried both inputting text in the suggested fields and using a custom page with the same result. I haven’t really begun work so I’m not sure if there are other issues, but I test updated a post and it seemed to update fine. Do you know what could be causing this? Thanks.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for writing in! First of all, please make sure that you’re fully updated including X theme and Cornerstone plugin. You can refer to the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195) and update your X theme and plugins accordingly (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Also it could be that your under construction may have been corrupted as well. In that case, manually delete the plugin by connecting through your FTP and re-install the under construction plugin. You can locate the plugin folder under the following location (/wp-content/plugins/tco-under-construction).

If you’re still having issues, then check the PHP version running on your server and make sure that you’re using PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid incompatibility issues. Check your server error log to see if you have any errors recorded. You may have to contact your hosting provider if required.

Further you can isolate the issue by disabling your other 3rd party plugins as well. If the issue is resolved, then you can activate your plugins one by one to see which plugin causing the error.

In case if you cannot isolate the issue, provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to investigate this issue further.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response, I tried all your suggestions and the error log is clean. I’m still getting the error in Chrome, but it’s actually working in other browsers now so hopefully Chrome is just caching or something? If you think this is still cause for concern I’ll provide a login, otherwise I’ll go ahead in a different browser. Thanks!

Hi Elizabeth,

As you mentioned that the site is opening in other browsers except for Chrome, look like the crome having some issue.
You can check incognito mode of chrome if that open fine.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.