Under Construction Connection Issue

Hi there,

I’m pretty new to all of this but while I work my way through things I wanted to put my site up with and under construction notice. I started with a demo theme, added the Under Construction extension and added logo, text, and custom color under the extension theme. However, when I check the site when logged out I get a page saying “503 There was a site connection issue. The server was unable to connect to the site. You might try refreshing the page. If you continue to get this message, you should contact the site owner.” When I turn the extension off, I can get to the site demo with some of the other changes I’ve made. I still have the extension turned on, and you can visit the site at talentlabcollaborative.com

Hi Jace,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please make sure that you’re fully updated first including X theme and plugins. You can see the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195) and update accordingly (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

If you’re still having issues, please check your PHP version running on your server and make sure that you’re using PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any incompatibility issues.

In case if you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Hi Jace,

I have investigated your issue further and I think I have found the cause of this issue. Once you activate Under Construction plugin, it will return the status code of 503 which denotes Service Temporarily Unavailable and that is standard response for a maintenance page.

Here on your site what happens is, when that 503 response is returned, it will display your hosting or server’s default page template of 503 error page. Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to disable it from their end, so that it will handle by WordPress and X theme.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.