Under Construction background color

Hi,

The Under Construction background color in the latest version of X is not responding to any changes. See here, where background color is set to black:

https://www.manifest-nirvana.com/

This has also been an issue in previous versions I believe:

Hey Michael,

I tried to replicate this in my test site but all options of the Under Construction extension work. Please ensure you’re using the latest Under Construction plugin version as this previous bug is now fixed.

If you’re using a caching plugin, please clear all caches and including your browser’s cache.

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y

Thanks - I am using the latest version of Under Construction, and I have cleared all caches. I have also tested on two different browsers, and cleared browser cache in both instances.

Hey @christian_y

Further to the above, the Under Construction plugin is not working at all now. It is active and yet my under-development site is visible.

I will have to install a third-party Under Construction plugin until this issue is resolved!

Thanks for your help!

Hey Michael,

I also checked the under construction plugin on my local setup and it works fine, there might be an issue in your setup. Can you please provide the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post so we can take a closer look?

Thanks!

Hey @Nabeel

The login details are copied below - I wonder if this has to do with the glitch in your systems which installed a beta version of X and Cornerstone? Please see here:

I’d be grateful if you could take a look.

Hi Michael,

It is not working because you have this custom CSS on Theme Options > Global CSS

/*GENERAL*/
body {
  background: none !important; 
  background-color: #ffffff !important;
}

Using !important means it will override the settings on Under Constructions. Please remove that CSS and then go to Theme Options > Layout and Design to set background color:

Hope this helps.

Hey @Lely - thanks, you are right, that’s what is causing the background color issue, sorry I should have spotted it :roll_eyes:

However, that doesn’t explain why the site was appearing as live even though the extension was enabled. I cleared the cache both on the dashboard and in the browsers I used to test this, and I couldn’t get the site to go under construction.

In the end I had to use a third-party plugin so that the in-development site was not visible. Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Hey There,

Did you try to view the site when being logged out? If you are logged in as administrator you won’t see the under construction page.

Hey @rubin

Yes, that’s what I’m referring to. When logged out of the site, with the under construction extension enabled, I was able to view the site. I tried this on two different browsers, after all caches were cleared.

I am aware that when logged in as an admin I won’t see the under construction page!

Hey There,

I’ve just disabled the 3rd party under construction page on your site and switched ours on and it works fine. This is most likely related to your local browser cache.

Hey @rubin

It is indeed working now.

However re the local browser cache theory, when testing this I was careful to clear all caches both locally and server-side, and I could not get the extension to work properly. Very strange.

Many thanks for your help anyway, and if the error recurs I will post again here.

Glad that things sorted out on your end now, if you have a follow up question please write that on a new thread as this one is getting longer and hard to follow.

Have a nice day,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.