Unable to validate X version 5.2.5

I am having difficulty getting the my license to validate. I just installed version 5.2.5 in my staging instance and when I attempt to enter my purchase code, I get the following error:

Uh oh, we couldn't check if this license was valid. Details.

When I click the Details link, it displays nothing.

Can you help?

Hello @nhathletics,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Can you please refer following article and get in touch with your hosting provider as it seems to be a hosting issue as there might be restriction of the cUrl access to our servers by your hosting service provider.

Thanks.

Following the instructions in the article, I attempted to check the PHP error message using the URL:

https://nhath.staging.wpengine.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=x-addons-extensions&force-check=1&x-verbose=1

but I receive the following message:

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

Here’s a screenshot:

My host is WPEngine FWIW…

Hello @nhathletics,

Thanks for updating thread. :slight_smile:

You can refer following articles to solve Sorry, you are not Allowed to Access this Page error message.

If you still face issues, would you mind sharing login details along with website URL in a secure note?

Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have logged in and investigated the issue. There is an Error 500 upon submitting the license code. This means that a fatal error has occurred and the validated process has been terminated. Could you please enable the debug mode so that we will know more about this fatal error? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding
define( 'WP_DEBUG' , true ); just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail. Or maybe you can give us ftp details so that we can check the error logs for faster resolution.

Thank you.

Hello There,

The ftp credentials doesn’t seem to work. Could you please double check the username and password?

Thanks.

Hi there,

It seems that you have multiple problems with your multisite installation which prevents the validation to work.

First of all, you need to update the Cornerstone plugin to the latest version. To do so you need to delete the Cornerstone completely and then go to X > Overview wait for few seconds for the plugin install automatically.

I could not access the plugins menu, unfortunately. The other thing is that you can not use our theme and the Cornerstone as a network plugin installation. You should install it in the individual site installation.

One other point is that it seems one of your 3rd party plugins had the conflict with our theme as when I hover over the X menu it does not show the Overview and other submenus, there is a Javascript error there.

You need to deactivate all 3rd party plugins to test, unfortunately, we do not have access to the multisite installation to be able to do that.

Thank you.

Ah, that’s good to know. I “inherited” the admin of this site earlier this year so I’m discovering all of its nuances each day. :slight_smile:

I will work on getting the theme and plugin uninstalled from the network and installed for the single site where it is used now.

Thanks!

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

After reviewing this, I’m not really sure what you meant when you said that I “should install it in the individual site installation”. On a Multisite Install, I’m not sure how I can install a plugin just in the individual site. I don’t see a way to install a plugin without first installing it at the Network and then activating it at the individual site.

Would I need to do this by “manually” uploading the plugin into the individual site’s plugin directory?

Hi there,

mmm… I am not sure regarding this as I am not an expert of the Multisite administration.

I suggest that you try to uninstall Cornerstone completely (Don’t worry your data will be safe). Then go to X > Overview page. Wait for a few seconds and then the Cornerstone should be automatically installed for you. And you can check that by going to plugins menu and activate it there.

That should do the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.