Unable to update theme via wordpress dashboard

Hello,
the website i’m talking about is https://www.officinaberte.it/ which has a regularly registerd X license.
I’ve created another website with “X” and one with “PRO” theme and both update without issue. This one, on the opposite, since it has gone live back in late 2016, I’ve never been able to update it normally via the wordpress dashboard. I’ve always had to download the latest theme update from envato and upload it via ftp.

Now it’s starting to become a problem, since I’m managing a growing number of websites and I can’t waste too much time doing this procedure every time there is a new update.
The error I get when I try the classic update procedure is the following: “An error occurred while updating X: Update package not available.”

Here are the steps I’ve already tried:

1. Revoke the licence validation from X > Validation;
  2. Unlock the license from “my licenses” in my account > licenses;
  3. Delete the website url from the “production” field on the side of the license field;
  4. Re-assign the license in the wordpress dashboard in X > Validation;
  5. Verify that on here everything was ok.

But even this procedure seems to not do the trick.

Hi @envi_snc,

Thank you for the very detailed post information. I have checked your site and it seems that you are using the version where the updates via your dashboard should have work. We would love to check out your site if you wouldn’t mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Best Regards.

ok, I’ve updated my first post with the login details.

Hi There @envi_snc

Upon further investigating, I confirmed that you’re experiencing a plugin conflict. I have disabled the following plugins.

• Cookie Notice
  • Disable XML-RPC
  • Envato Market

Then purged your server cache and I was able to update your X theme.

Thanks!

ok, thank you. Have you got any hypothesis why only this website had this conflict?
The other two I’ve mentioned are on the same dedicated server with the same resources, even the plugins on those are the same.

Hi @envi_snc,

There should be many possible causes, those plugins may be the direct cause but only triggered by them. That’s because updates are handled by Wordpress itself, our theme only provides the file and Wordpress do the rest.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.