Unable to update plugins

Hi there

I have a problem with two websites. I cannot update the plugins anymore because an error 500 appears.

I think the problem is caused by a plugin or maybe the old version of X both sites are using.

The first website uses wordpress 4.9.6 and x 4.3.0
The second site has wordpress and x 4.9.6 and x 4.2.2

I would like to solve the problem by

1. Updating X
  2. Remove each plugin by ftp to see which one causes the problem.

These sites were created in 2014 and 2015 and by then there was no cornerstone plugin. So first I want to remove Cornerstone. Can I do this without the whole site will collapse?

As you can see, the version of X is also an old one. Why is that? There are no notifications about new versions, why not? Of course I validated X on both sites.

If I upload a new version and manually update X, could that give problems?

I hope you can help me and tell me what I can do best.

Regards Marjolijn

Hi Marjolijn,

Thanks for writing in! Our update process will not be initiate correctly when you’re using older version of X theme or Cornerstone plugin.

The best way to move forward is to delete your X theme directory (/wp-content/themes/x) and Cornerstone plugin directory (/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone) manually and then install the latest version by downloading it from your Envato account. You can refer to our update guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.