Unable to update packaged plugins

hello,
I am trying to update my Layerslider plugin (included with X theme) and it give me the error “An error occurred while updating LayerSlider WP: Update package not available.”. I assume this is because I installed it through X Theme? I’m not sure what action to take to update it. When I click the layer slider plugin it says my version is not registered (i assume because i installed through x theme) and they want me to go to their website and buy it. If you know of a solution of how to update this it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Morgan
(ps. I am going to include my login info in a secure note for any admins who might need to login to my site to check it out. thanks)

Hello @morgand377,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

As of now the supported version of Layerslider is 6.6.5. I suggest you to wait for us to release next supported version of the plugin. You can check version compatibility guide for more information. https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Thanks.

I’m not sure I am understanding properly. I am working for a client with a commercial website so it isn’t feasible to have a large portion of the homepage broken (layerslider), and “wait” for the next update. When you said “I suggest you to wait for us to release next supported version of the plugin” does that mean that plugins bundled with X will auto update without any input from me? or is there somewhere that I have to go to manually update them when needed?

Hi Morgan,

I can see you do have Layerslider version 6.6.5 and compatible version is 6.6.8. Please update here:

You still need to click on the update plugins button. Is that where you experience the issue? That issue should only happen if you are updating to a version not compatible yet which is not the case here. Another thing to try to revoke and revalidate your X license before trying to update again.

Let us know how this goes.

hey lely,
thanks for the reply. I updated using your suggested method but I got the same error.

i also revoked my license and re validated it like you reccomended and nothing changed. any other suggestions?

thanks for the help.
(if any of you would like to try un-validating and re-validating my site for yourselves. i will post my validation code in a secure note. thanks)

Hi There,

Please Deactivate and delete the plugins and re-install it through X-Overview. So that you can get the latest ver sion of the slider.
Regarding the issue you are facing we will check and add to our Bug list for solution.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

I have experienced the same issues, this is clearly a bug.

Hey @seospec,

First, please check if you have the latest version of X. If it’s up to date, please follow what @basanta suggested in the previous reply.

If that does not help, please open a separate thread and give us WP Admin access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.