Unable to turn off uppercase for Links Text in Navbar

Hi There,

I’m trying to turn off the Uppercase option in my Links Text in the Navbar, and unfortunately the option is not saving.

How can I adjust this to save properly?

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

May we get also the username for WordPress Dashboard? you provided only the password.

Does this the only option that isn’t saving? if all other options aren’t saving, then you might need to do a plugin conflict test,
this can be done by deactivating other plugins installed, then recheck this issue if everything went alright, then you can re-enable the plugins one by one till you figure out the culprit.

Alternatively, you might want to use “Health Check” plugin and enable “Troubleshooting mode”. The good thing about “Heath Check” plugin is that it’s developed by WordPress team and it only affects your logged in session so that other visitors won’t be affected.

I’ve also noticed that you have incompatible versions of Cornerstone plugin and X theme:

Cornerstone: 3.1.6
X theme: 6.1.2

Please upgrade X theme to the latest stable version 6.1.6 following this guide:

Thanks.

Hi Alaa,

Thanks for your quick response.

Unfortunately the Uppercase option for the Navbar links is the only option not saving (that I’m aware of).

I’ve updated to the latest version of X, but that hasn’t solved the issue either.

I’m including the credentials below.

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing in and for credentials, unfortunately I was not able to pinpoint what is causing that uppercase issue, I notice though that your is fast in the front-end, but very slow in the back-end. Lets try increasing the site’s Maximum execution time and Memory limit, Please add this on your wp-config.php file, located at the root directory of your Wordpress installation.

set_time_limit(300);
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Add this right before the line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Some hosting does not allow users to do this memory increasing thing, if this is the case you need to contact your hosting support and ask them to increase it for you.

Cheers!

Hi There,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Are you thinking then that the Maximum execution time and Memory Limit is causing the issue with the uppercase not responding? If not, do you have any other suggestions to fix the uppercase issue?

Thanks again,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Our apologies for the confusion. I did a test on my local setup and I am able to replicate the issue.

I have added this to our issue tracker so that our developers will be aware of it.

For the meantime, please add this code to the Global CSS as a workaround:

.x-navbar .x-nav-wrap .x-nav > li > a {
    text-transform: none;
}

Thank you.

Hi Jade,

That forced it perfectly.

Thanks!

Chris

If you need anything else please let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.