Unable to transfer license to another user

Hello, I currently have a license for X I’d like to transfer to another account. I am able to unlock the license, but putting the credentials into the other account holder’s ‘register license’ modal returns an error: Purchase code could not be added to user account: License already exists for this Envato Purchase Code.

Are you able to help? I only have the one copy of X attributed to my account, the other account is @Beanstalk_Creative.

Thanks in advance.

Hey There,

I’ve performed a reset of your license so you can now use it to add it to any account of your choice. All the best!

@rubin

this license has now dissappeared into thin air, it’s no longer in @simon.alterator 's account, and it’s not in ours. Additionally, he is no longer able to reply to this thread (presumably because he has no licenses in his account).

As of right now the site is BROKEN as a result of not being validated, seeing as the license key no longer exists. We need this fixed as a matter of urgency. Please let us know what we can do to help you get this fixed ASAP.

Hey There,

The license did not disappear. It was released by us. This means it’s now a free license which can be used to create a new account or add it to an existing account. A site can’t break when not validated, the only thing that happens when a site is not validated is that it won’t receive automatic updates so the issue you are describing has nothing to do with the license. Please use your license to create a new account or add it to an existing account in the License section and you’ll be all set.

@rubin

Please use your license to create a new account or add it to an existing account

The license no longer shows up in Simon’a account. What exactly are we supposed to add? The details aren’t there.

A site can’t break when not validated, the only thing that happens when a site is not validated is that it won’t receive automatic updates

When a site isn’t validated, custom skins for The Grid plugin don’t function - this absolutely can break a site and is exactly what’s happened to us. You can test this yourself. Make a custom skin for The Grid, remove X’s validation, and then try to apply the custom skin - it 100% won’t work.

Can you please add the license key into this account, or send it to me in a PM or something? This feels like something easy to fix if you are willing to help and very difficult if you’re not.

Hey There,

You will need to retrieve the license code in your Themeforest account under Account -> Downloads. That code can then be added to any account.

@rubin. Just so you understand the level of work required; we have 9 licenses for X on Envato, this means I had to download each of the license txt files one by one and compare them manually against the list of sites registered here to find the odd-one-out. I’ve found your level of support here lacking dude. Is there someone I can escalate a complaint to?

Either way, the registration and Grid skin issue is resolved.

Hey Russell,

Regretfully, we do not have a copy of licenses that were reset. We understand that it would require work but we can do nothing on our end now. The only place where your license can be found is only in ThemeForest now.

We’re glad that your registration and grid issue was resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.