Unable to Save Content Templates as Documented

Following the instructions here: https://theme.co/apex/forum#saving-templates does not work as outlined in the documentation.

I am using the most recent version of X Pro, and this option just isn’t available to me. Am I missing something, a possible setting that needs to be activated I may have missed, etc?

Thanks.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try deactivating your 3rd party plugins to see if you’re experiencing any plugin conflict.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi, I have disabled all plugins, whether 3rd party or available from within the X Pro theme.

I am using X Pro version 1.2.7, and WordPress 4.9.4.

The article here https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/managers-templates/20364 in the Saving Templates section provides a screenshot of what I should see, however what I actually see is this:

After some digging around I have found that this may be an upcoming feature, in a release that should have been made available yesterday. But, if that is simply the case, I recommend that you please remove that article or reword it so that people know that the feature is not actually available yet – instead it just makes me think the theme is broken.

Hey There,

The saving of templates should have work in your Pro theme. Unless otherwise there were JS error on the page which have prevented it from saving the template. Please also be advise that in the current version, the whole page content will be saved as the page or block templates. In the upcoming release of Pro 2.0, you will be able to select which of the sections you only want to save as a template. In short, you will have an option to save one section or more than one sections as part of your template. Please watch out for the upcoming release. We are already in release candidate 1, it will be rolling out the final release soon.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.