Unable to Revoke License from localhost

I am unable to revoke my license no matter what I try. I’ve been trying for weeks. The Licenses section of Apex shows me that the license has been re-assigned to the new URL, but whenever I try to enter that same key into the WordPress key validator box it tells me I need to revoke the license from another site.

In the Manage Your Licenses section of the Account Dashboard I have updated the live and staging URLs and saved the changes for each. I have tried to apply the license key to the live site and it gives the error message saying I need to revoke the license.

I tried doing what was suggested in the forum (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/need-license-revoked-and-reissued/13045) and removing the live and staging URLs and saving the fields empty. I left this blank for a few hours, then went back in and added the correct live and staging URLs and saved each change. Still the license key wasn’t accepted by WordPress.

I waited a day before trying the key again and still nothing. I have repeated this process multiple times and no luck. I have also tried looking on the WordPress dashboard for a way to remove the license from the old site (a localhost version of the site during the build process) and don’t see a way to do this.

Error message:
Your code is valid but looks like it has already been used on another site. You can revoke and re-assign within your Themeco account.
MANAGE LICENSES

Please, some assistance would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi There,

Our validation process will not work correctly when you have older versions of X theme & Cornerstone. Please update your X theme manually (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62) and then disable / delete Cornerstone plugin and head over to X -> Overview section, wait for few seconds to install the latest version automatically.

After the update, try validating your site again.

You can check the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana,

I did what you recommended and the license key still doesn’t work. I got the latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone from Theme Forest/Envato. The download included X Theme 5.2.3 and Cornerstone 2.1.4. Both of which are one version behind from the latest versions listed on https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. I updated X Theme and Cornerstone on the live site and the key validation returns the same error. I tried switching from my X Theme child theme to X Theme and it didn’t make a difference.

What should I do next? Is there nothing that can be done on your end?

Hello @melanielynndesigns,

Thanks for writing in and we’re sorry to hear that you seem to be having some issues here. Just to clarify a point that might be getting misplaced here a bit, when you have input a URL into your Apex account for a license, that is the exact same as entering a license into the WordPress dashboard directly where the theme is installed. So you don’t need to do it in Apex, and then go add it to the WordPress dashboard. Adding the staging URL you want to use in Apex is all you should need to do to get validation up and running.

As a further point of clarification, to make sure validation is working properly, make sure you enter in the URL for your website exactly as it appears in WordPress’ Site Address (URL) field under Settings → General in the WordPress admin:

So once you have entered that value into Apex for your staging URL, you should find that you are validated on that domain when you revisit it. If you’re still not showing validated after doing that, make sure that your host has any sort of security measures whiltelist “theme.co” so that we can communicate with your installation as needed.

Hopefully this helps to point you in the right direction, cheers!

Hi @kory,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have triple checked that the URLs are identical between WordPress and Apex. Below are two screenshots showing this. The second license is the one in question.

Because I am using WordPress Multisite the URLs are in My Sites > Network Admin > Sites > Edit Site > Settings.

I deleted both the staging and the live URLs from the license key manager in Apex and the key still doesn’t work when I enter it in WordPress.

I have provided an admin username and password in my original post for support to use to log into my website to see the issues I am experiencing.

Hey There,

I’ve managed to validate your site by resetting your license. Let me know if that resolved this.

Thank you @rubin!! It’s finally showing as validated! Much appreciated.

You’re most welcome.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.