Unable to open it in cornerstone Edit mode,

Hi Support,

Cornerstone editor is creating huge problem, we are unable to open it in cornerstone Edit mode, it is showing loading and loading but not displaying page content so we can edit. It throwing JS error “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘indexOf’ of undefined” in cs-vendor.js?ver=3.0.4:19456 file.​ Also sometimes it is showing "The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often

related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing."​ and after 5 to 8 times of refreshing sometimes contents are displaying but sometimes it is not loading even after many page refreshment.

​It’s really frustrating us as our website is live and we are unable to edit our pages.

​See screenshot: in cornerstones-2.png​ ​header and footer along with appearing with left sidebar, but page content is not showing.

Please fixed it as soon as possible.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! If you’re using a caching plugin, try disabling CSS and JavaScript autominification options inside your cache settings.

Also I advice you to re-install your Cornerstone plugin to resolve any missing files issues or corrupted file issues. To do that, you can simply delete your Cornerstone plugin through your plugins section, then head over to X -> Validation section and wait for few seconds to automatically install the latest version.

Also you can install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server configurations by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area. Below are the recommended configurations and settings.

• PHP v5.6.x or later
  • PHP Memory Limit 512M
  • PHP Max Script Execution Time 120 or higher

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,
Thank for your reply, but we have updated cornerstone manually so there is not any question that any file is corrupt or missing file.
Also sometime it is working and sometimes it is throwing this error and not loading page content. Actually Cornerstone taking large amount of time to load pages. and sometime it is able to load successfully but maximum time it is failed to load.

Thanks

Hi,

Please check the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. If none helps, please provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note

Thanks.

OK, We have tried all the suggestions provided you but none of these worked form me. I think problem is something else otherwise it will either work or not worked at all. Now I am attaching my Admin Login in secure Note

Hey Nicholas,

I checked your site and experienced the issue you described. There’s currently a known issue where Cornerstone takes a long time to load or sometimes stopped out by the error message. The differs from server to server as web hosts differ in configuration and limits. There will be a performance improvement that will be released in one of the succeeding releases. Please stay tuned.

For now, please try increasing the max execution timeout to 600. Here’s a guide.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.