Unable to load demo content—tried recommended solutions

I am unable to add demo content to a newly created WordPress site using X. I read the thread for another post on the same topic (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/demo-content-not-loading-experiencing-technical-difficulties/9387) and followed the instructions there. Specifically, I contacted my web host and confirmed that:

• The site can reach community.theme.co
• cURL is working, and allow_url_fopen is enabled.
• PHP is configured with the latest CA Root Certificates.

I also tried deleting both my X-Child theme and the original X Theme and reinstalling them both. Still had the same problem.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Adam LeBow

Hey Adam,

Please contact your host if the could increase your memory to 256mb or higher and also the max execution time to the highest setting. In other shared hosting though, they could not increase these settings so it would be best to move to a different host in this case.

If they increased it and the issue persists, please give us WP Admin and cPanel credentials in a Secure Note. Also tell us which demo you’d like to import.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I lack the patience necessary to benefit from the “support forum” approach—post a problem, wait a day, get a suggestion, try it out, post the results the next day, wait another day, etc. I pretty much need instant gratification—especially with clients waiting for results. So I bailed on the problem altogether and just found another way.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

If you need any further assistance, please provide us with your login credentials to check your setup. Use the secure note option to post your sensitive data.

Thanks!