Unable to load cornerstone editor - logged out on load

Hello,

Suddenly yesterday we’ve been unable to load the cornerstone editor. When attempting to load the editor, I’m logged out of the WP Admin.

I also attempted to roll back to 5.2.5 and am having the same result.

I’ll try to share my site creds in a secure note. Thanks.
Bill

Hello Bill,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I could confirm that upon clicking on Edit with Cornerstone was redirecting to login page. I also installed WP server info plugin to see the configuration on server and every thing seems to be fine. Later on I thought to check the WordPress and Site address URL to see if there is any mismatch. I realised that you have enabled HTTPS but you haven’t updated the WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) from HTTP to HTTPS.

I have made the necessary changes and now Cornerstone is working and loading fine. Please see screencast.

Thanks.

Thanks @Prasant! that was perfect. Nice catch.
Appreciate the help!

Bill

You are most welcome, Bill. :smiley:

Hi @Prasant – I’m actually still experiencing some issues. It feels to me like there’s some other configuration issue

I recorded a video to show you one of the issues:

Thanks in advance.
Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the information, I checked the website and could recreate the problem but I could not find why this is happening for your website.

I check the browsing Council and the only thing that I see is related to SSL Mixed Content:

Mixed Content: The page at '<URL>' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image '<URL>'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

So I’m not sure if this will fix the issue or not, but I suggest that you install the search and replace plugin and search for any instances of http:// and change it with https://.

Also to make sure that if this is something related to our theme or not you can change the theme of the website from X to default one and test the case. I checked the case in my installation both on my local machine and live server and I could not recreate such a problem so it seems that this is something isolated for your environment.

Finally, I suggest that you follow the general troubleshooting guides which might review some clues:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Thank you.

Issue turned out to be a conflict with jquery mobile. Thanks again.
Bill

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.