Unable to install template from design cloud

Hello Theme Support,

Took advantage of your sale and upgraded one my X sites to Pro and discovered the design cloud!

Thought templates were brilliant, but couldn’t download the Architecture Portfolio content template, get error message “Unable to install template” (Screenshot).

Have increased upload_max_filesize to 128M in c-panel php options, is there any advice/help you can provide.

many thanks

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for writing in, please also try increasing the PHP Max Execution Time. You can follow the method that was provided here.

If that does not work too, please provide us login credentials (wp-admin & FTP) in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Hello friech,

many thanks for quick reply, tried both methods outlined in the link, first manually editing .htaccess file and then using the Wordpress plugin: WP Maximum Execution Time Exceeded (screenshot attached), tried max_execution_time of 300 to begin with and again with 600.

But still no joy - can’t download template.

I have supplied ftp and Wordpress codes as you requested, if you could take a closer look, explain what problem is, would be most appreciated.

best wishes

Ashley

Hey Ashley,

The Architecture Portfolio content template requires a minimum of 600 max_execution_time. Though you have increased it via your htaccess, your host might not allow that or have set a hard limit so changes won’t take effect. Please contact your host. I installed PHP Info plugin in your site to see the value of your max execution time and it’s still 30.

Adding in some more info to this, in one of my test sites, the max_execution_time was set to 120 and the Architecture Portfolio template failed to import.

In another setup where the execution time is 600, the template was successfully imported.

Hope the details helps.

Hello Christian,

Thank you for the info, I have updated the php settings and increased max_execution_time to 900, double checked using PHP Info plugin and all seems correct (as shown in screenshots), but still cannot upload the Architecture Portfolio content template?

Sorry to be a pain, but is there any thing else I’ve missed which is causing template to not upload?

many thanks

Ashley

Hi There,

Thanks for the info!

I can able to get the issue, there is a background image which was causing the issue. May be your server upload limit is low that why the image was not getting uploaded. Not sure exactly.
I have imported the template without the image background.

Now you can set a background your choice.

Thanks

Hello basanta,

“May be your server upload limit is low” - I thought I had fixed that?

But however you did it, thank you for uploading the Architecture Portfolio content template, I can see it shown in the template manager:

but when I go to use the template on a page, I can’t see it listed to be able to use it:

I did a test and uploaded header templates from Design Cloud:

but again, when I went to try and use, could not see listed:

I’m following the instructions from this page: https://theme.co/apex/forum#design-cloud

Am I doing anything wrong, looking in wrong place? or is there a problem with the templates not appearing, slowing going mad here trying to get a nice looking template uploaded.

many thanks

Ashley

Hey Ashley,

I did some thorough testing and I see the 500 internal server error while installing or uploading the template, we have found that this is typically due to security settings or permissions errors with the server. For this particular situation, you will need to contact your hosting provider and ask them to ensure that your file permissions are set correctly. Additionally, this could be related to a ModSecurity rule being triggered. This should be able to be remedied by writing into the support team at your host and asking them to whitelist the ModSecurity rules on your domain.

Also we’ve seen this happening due to a third party plugin conflict too, try deactivating all third party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hello Nabeel,

Again - thank you for quick reply.

I will speak to host provider and also disable plug-ins, will let you know how I get on.

Have a good weekend.

You’re most welcome.

Have a great weekend to you as well!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.