Unable to Import DEMO Integrity or anyone

I installed Theme X this morning But I am unable to import/Install Any Demo content and repeatedly it shows same message that it failed to import.

I have increased the php memory as well to 512M but to no gain. HELP NEEDED URGENT

Hi @falconinae,

Thanks for writing in.

Please try to reinstall your X theme and Cornerstone. then use this code below to clear cache on your demo content.

http://example.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=x-addons-home&x-clean-demo-content-cache

Change example.com to your URL.

After generate demo content.

Let us know how it goes.

If still not working, please share us your admin credentials so we could check your setup closer.

Don’t forget to set as private reply.

Thanks.

Tried doing as per your suggestion. it is still showing same message. shared ftp details in secure note.

Hi There,

Please provide us your Wp login details.
Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

Shared all details as required by you in secure note. site link, wp admin details

Hello @falconinae,

Thanks for sharing login details.

I just cleared the cache and tried loading demo contents. Now it seems to be working fine. Please see screencast. Can you please clear browser cache and try importing demo contents on your end? https://screencast.com/t/QKNEW0alzcv

Having said that I can see that you are running a dated version of Php 5.4.45. Running old version of PHP can have potential issues. You can refer following document for server requirement https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Thanks.

I can see now I am able to import SOME of the demo contents but not all. I am unable to import, for example, any of the expanded demos or Integrity 1, as far I have checked. What is the possible reasons for this ? Can you fix this for me please !!

Hi,

As suggested above, please contact your host and request for an update to php.

Wordpress requires at least PHP version 7.2 or greater.

Then in connection to that, please also request to increase your max_execution_time to at least 300(5 minutes)

Thanks

Thanks

After doing all as per your suggestion i am still unable to import demo integrity 1, for example or Agency. provided you every details. updated everything. What can i do more ?

Hi there,

It’s still the timeout issue and looks like you can’t override it or not allowed by your host. What’s the password of your FTP?

For the meantime, please edit this file through FTP wp-content\themes\x\framework\functions\global\admin\addons\demo\class-x-demo-import-session.php:

And change this line of code

$request = wp_remote_get( $demo_url );

with this

$request = wp_remote_get( $demo_url , array( 'timeout' => 60 ) );

Then edit this file \wp-content\themes\x\framework\functions\global\admin\addons\demo\legacy\ajax-handler.php

And replace this line of code

$request = wp_remote_get( $_POST['demo'] );

with this

$request = wp_remote_get( $_POST['demo'] , array( 'timeout' => 60 ));

Then try importing your demo again.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have shared the FTP details in a secure note on top of this thread. Can you do these for me ?

Hi there,

I double checked the case and here is the error message:

debug_message: "cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 5000 milliseconds with 161816 out of 406936 bytes received"

Please contact your hosting service provider and give them the message to follow up and fix proper settings.

If you still have the problem you will need to install the theme and the Wordpress on your local machine and continue with the demo import there and then move your website to the hosting service provider.

We also have a hosting service which you can consider as an alternative solution which will surely work with our ecosystem and the demo import feature:

Thank you.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Will ask my hosting service provider to fix this for me .

Sure, please let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.