Unable to edit with Cornerstone - loading forever

Hi,
When trying to edit pages cornerstone keeps loading. We’ve tried deactivating all other plugins and it didn’t help. I’ve searched older posts in the subject…
php version = 7.2
memory_limit = 512M
WP_MEMORY_LIMIT = 512M
WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT = 512M

any other suggestions, please?

Hi Daniella,

I can you do have X theme though the domain is not yet attached to your license so I cannot see preview of your site. Please make sure X and Cornerstone are updated to make sure this is not compatibility issue. If it’s already updated and the it persists, please share site URL and credentials inside a secure note so we can check the error directly.

Hey Lely,
In order for us to allow access to our staging I’ll need your IP address.
Thanks,
Daniella

Hey Daniella,

I’m sorry, but we can’t do that because of the following reasons:

• We don’t have a static IP.
  • Our support staff are working from different countries so I’d recommend that you turn off IP blocking while we solve this issue. If it really can’t be done, at least allow access from the Philippines as most support staff are located there. There might be delays though as support staff from another countries cannot work on this thread.

Regarding the issue, please try these:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches then temporarily deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. Also, clear your browser’s cache and try other browsers.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and temporarily disable optimization services.

4. If you’re using a child theme, please switch to the parent theme. This will quickly tell you if the issue is caused by the child theme.

If none of that helps, please give us WordPress Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note as previously requested.

Thanks.

Hey,
I’m trying to grant general access.
In the meantime, we are working with cornerstone 4.0.4 and X theme 7.0.4 as recommended.
Caching is disabled. Switch to the parent theme and disabling plugins didn’t help.

Thanks for testing, Daniella. We’ll investigate further once the credentials are given.

Here is the website and credentials:

Hi Daniella,

Could you try updating your theme and cornerstone, there was an issue with warning messages and should be fixed with the latest version. Then please check it again to see if it’s working, if it’s not, please deactivate all cornerstone addons related plugin and test it again (don’t deactivate cornerstone).

Let us know :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi,
I’ve updated the theme and plugin with no success.
We’re now with cornerstone 4.1.1 and X theme 7.1.1.

Hey Daniella,

I loaded a page in Cornerstone and checked the Network. In the screenshot below, you’ll see that WordPress’ admin-ajax.php is trying to load heartbeat.min.js and it doesn’t complete. admin-ajax.php has a role for our builder to operate normally. Though it affects our builder, the underlying cause is your web host’s limitation to handle WordPress Heartbeat.

Please forward this issue to your web host. Or, you can try this guide to control WordPress Heartbeat.

Thanks.

Hey,
I’m not sure what the problem is. the js loads fine:

Hi Daniella,

I see you’re using WordPress version 4.9.5, We generally only support as far back as three major releases of WordPress. Please update your Wordpress to the latest version (5.3 as of this writing).

Release Notes - Pro 3.1, X 7.1, Cornerstone 4.1

In this case specifically, WordPress added many javascript dependencies like React, ReactDOM and Babel part of WordPress core. It is best practice to always use libraries bundled with WordPress when possible, which is why they were removed from Pro (and X/Cornerstone). This is why Pro (Builder/Cornerstone) doesn’t load, because many of the required scripts are unavailable.

Updating WordPress

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.