Unable to edit with cornerstone due to aggressive cacheing. Using local host

Hi, I’m having difficulties in loading cornerstone to edit my webpage and get the following error message:

The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

I have set up the website using a local host until ready to go live.

This is my first attempt at a website and I don’t have any previous experience or knowledge.

I have tried many of the solutions on the forum which have not yet worked. Please help!

Hi There,

We would like you to setup a demo site and give us the details so that we can have a look on to the issue.
The issue you have mentioned is due to several reasons. We cant confirm a exact solution without checking your website.

here is few point you can check in your local server for a possible solution.
Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

6. in crease your memory by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thanks for this. I’ve tried these steps but have been unable to complete step 6 and get the following error message:

“you must type a file name”

Also, with step 3 I think the plug in that may be causing issues is woocommerce. Does this sound normal? I need woocommerce activated as the website will require ecommerce features, so would you suggest deactivating when editing all other pages?

Hey @doziees,

Sounds like you’re using Windows that is why you get “you must type a file name”.

WooCommerce does not currently have a known conflict with X. It is most likely something in your local server setup that is causing the issue. We have no means to troubleshoot local sites though. Please move your site to an online development server and give us WP admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks

How else would I rename the file in step 6?

I’ve now reinstalled wordpress and WAMP server on my computer. I’ve reinstalled my plugins and I still have this issue. The only thing that works is to remove woocommerce. Unfortunately I’m unable to move to an online development server at this stage.

Hello @doziees,

Unfortunately, it’s difficult for us to guide you without taking a look at the website. Regarding solution number 6 you can take a look at the following tutorial:

http://www.bsourcecode.com/php/how-to-enable-htaccess-in-wamp-server/

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.