Unable to edit translated pages in Pro

Hi, I’m using WPML on my site and have been for a couple of years. I hadn’t tried to edit any translated pages since I upgraded to Pro, but now I find that I cannot do so. I am able to edit my Spanish-language pages (which are the originals). The English-language pages were simply duplicated and manually translated. But on any English-language page I attempt to edit with Pro, either directly from “Pages” in my dashboard or by going through “Content” after Pro is launched, I get the standard error message: “The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.” I checked the console in the developer tools, and it says “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)”.

I tried disabling all plugins except for WPML to see if any were causing a conflict, but the same errors occurred.

Any ideas for what I can try next to troubleshoot this?

Note: This is true both on https://schoolencasa.com and my dev site, http://dev.schoolencasa.com.

Thanks for your help!

Hey @schoolencasa,

In your dev site, please check for the following:

1. If you’re using a caching plugin, please clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and also other optimization plugins.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If the issue persists after trying all of the above steps, please give us WP admin and FTP access to your dev site in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.