Unable to edit existing pages after manually updating both Cornerstone & X Theme

Hi, I am unable to edit existing pages after manually updating both Cornerstone & X Theme.

I can create new pages and insert templates but I cannot edit previously created pages. I can see the page but with no content to edit and when I exit the corerstone editor there is cornerstone shortcode content within the page body.

I have read through other posts and followed the instructions such as clearing cache, deleting htaccess file eat and not joy.

Any clue as to what can be done to fix this issue?

Hi @thedesignshepherd,

Thanks for reaching out.

It sounds that your page’s data is corrupted, and when it happens, the live page works but it’s empty in the builder. have you done some migration and database editing? Update can’t do this since it only updates the files and not the database.

Do you still have the working copy of your site before the update? I like to check that copy first and compare. Or, you may restore your site to when it’s still working. I’ll export the pages as templates, then you can update it again and I’ll test the exported templates. Please check this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/template-manager/20364

Thanks!

Hi, Yes I have backups of the website. I would prefer not to restore the website unless I really have to though. What files would you need to be able to export the pages?

Hi @thedesignshepherd,

In that case, please set up a staging from your backup. I can’t provide any procedure on how to as it depends on your backup (could be back up from the host or from the backup plugin). Hence, please contact the plugin author or your host to create a sub-domain instance of your backup, and it will be your staging. Once done, you can export the templates as mentioned in the provided URL.

Or once the staging is up, I could check first to see if they working and exportable.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.