Unable to edit/customize expanded demo using Cornerstone

Hello!

I am reaching out to see if I can get some help with an issue I’ve stumbled upon. Since I am very new to using your platform, I think it is safe to assume that my issued could very well be due to user error. Anyhow, I am attempting to use the “Auto” expanded theme. When uploaded, I tried to edit using Cornerstone and at most, it only allows me to preview the template. When I select the page I’d like to edit, in this case the home page, it appears to be loading the editor (the cornerstone logo pulses) but then it just stops (logo just sits on screen). Nothing else happens. No pop-ups or notifications or error messages or anything. I’ve tried to change templates (Ethos 3) to see if maybe it was just an issue with them, but the result was still the same. (I think I should point out that the layout for Ethos 3 does not install like the preview, but more like the default wordpress layout). I’ve also tried to switch browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) and I still can get past the static cornerstone logo.

If I could get help with this soon, that would be ideal, as I am working against a deadline. Thank you in advance.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! This sounds like you have exhausted your PHP memory limit. ​We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. And if it doesn’t, please provide us access to your site so that we can take a closer look to resolve the issue.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you for your help with this

My theme works just fine now.

I do have another question, though: Is there a way that I can backup my customized theme so that I can move it to another website?

Right now everything is on my test site and I would like to be able to move it to my client’s server. I tried to use a plugin called UpDraftPlus but the move was not entirely successful. It did restore the X theme and the plugins I used, however, it did not restore my customized theme.

Could you possibly help with this? Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! When migrating Cornerstone pages, you must make sure that everything is in tact or else you won’t be able to edit the pages back in Cornerstone. Please check out this article about migration:

Meanwhile, if you want to copy the same theme settings from one site to another, simply go to X > Overview and find the Customizer Manager section. You can download the XCS file and you can use this to import to the other site so that you will have the same theme settings. To know more about customizer manager, please check this:

Hope this helps.

Thanks again for helping with this!

The migration method you suggested works, but I do get an error in MyPHPAdmin when trying to import my .gz. See the error below:

I’m not entirely sure how to get around this. I didn’t anything in the migration article or the recommended pluggin that addresses this particular error.

I look forward to your response. Thanks!

Hey @alannajj,

The error says you haven’t selected a database. Can you give us a screen recording or step by step screenshots of how you migrate or how you arrived to that issue?

Thanks.

Hello again,

Forgive me for not providing more insight into what was actually happening in this situation. I did select the database I wanted to replace, but it kept throwing an error saying that nothing was selected despite this. I just ended up removing everything and starting from scratch with the migration process. Everything works fine now.

Thank you for your help in all of this. Happy New Year!

Hi @alannajj,

Happy New Year to you also!. Wishing you best in life this 2018.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.