Unable to edit anything in customization

Hi,

I’m getting an error message about the preview being unable to load due to a plugin or caching issue and am unable to edit my site because of it. Please assist, I was hoping that setting up this theme would not be a huge ordeal… thanks!

Laura

1 Like

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

The details you have given is not working for us, giving invalid username error.
Please check and resend it.

Meanwhile, I would recommend you to please follow few troubleshooting processes to check if the issue has resolved on your end.

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript, and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code to your wp-config.php

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Hi, adding the updated login info below thanks!

Hi @LauraHunterDrago,

Thanks for the login credentials however it is not an admin user.

Please check also the thread below because I could see that you have a similar problem.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi,

I updated that account to an admin if you can take a look–I’ve tried disabling plugins, etc and that hasn’t worked… Thank you!

Hi,

I checked and can see that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.
This maybe due to server performance.

Can you contact your host and request to increase memory to at least 512M and max-execution time to 60

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.